Introducing Syntakt

It has no arp. :point_up::nerd_face:

3 Likes

This and no Polyphony. :wink:
Waiting for updates / upgrades.

1 Like

And a compressor! I just received a Finalizer, default Syntakt kit became massive! :loopy:

2 Likes

As much as I’m starting to adore my Syntakt, saying that it can do everything is pushing it a bit. :blush:

Crucially, it doesn’t sample, I really miss that and it’s a gap I need to fill with other gear. Beyond that, I really would like to see:

• an arp like the Digitone
  • voice sharing / polyphony via combined tracks.

Then I’d probably agree that they finally released a box that can do everything! :joy:

2 Likes

I’m adding a MPC Live II to my Elektron setup (incl. Syntakt). That MPC seems to be a box that can do almost everything: Stereo sampling, layering samples, layering programs, ARP, humanization, automation with graphical UI, plugins and way more than my Maschine +.
However it is workflow wise not as intuitive as an Elektron and I have to do some deep dives, e. g. reading the so-called MPC-Bible provided by the user MPC-Tutor.

Those are things that still can be sequenced (neither impossible or too hard) or done via external keyboard New Machines for your machine - #137 by ThomasJ and could still be happen in the firmware … :wink:

2 Likes

What type of finalizer do you get?

No

Finalizer Plus. Lots of dynamic fx per band, big distortion with the 26db analog input…
10 times less expensive than Stimming Mastering thing.

And midi control from Syntakt/Octatrack.

1 Like

Cool I remember wanting one of those back in the 90s, cool bit of tech, especially for live use. Not sure if I need one at the moment, mostly writing in the studio and have some nice mastering plugins ITB, only doing about one Live PA gig a year recently. Glad you like it!

1 Like

question: is the fx block worth using if you also have an AH?

or could it cause conflict as the fx block seems like a mini AH and you’re just coloring your sound the same, twice.

does anyone know if the fx block has a distinctive tone different from the AH (which i doubt), or are they more or less the same but the fx block having less features?

i kind of feel now that with an AH, the Syntakt fx block is wasted.

i want to use it but not sure if its worth it to color your sound with the fx block then further sculpt/ enhance with the AH.

i can’t really test the sound of the fx block with the AH rite now for various reasons.

ST Drive is really different, limited, much better / wider choices on AH, dry/wet…
Day and night concerning distortion.

Concerning filters, side by side comparison would be better, seems equivalent quality to me.

AH have envelope follower, lfo, trigger with threshold or CV in (no midi to trigger lfo / envelope), ST have a sequencer with envelopes, 2 lfos…

I prefer AH for distortions choices, dry/wet, and I prefer ST for filters with its sequencer and lfos control.

Lack of proper midi message to trigger envelopes and lfos on AH frustrated me enough to sell it.

Definitely

No, it can be cumulated with AH, and you can select track routing to it.
And in that case, you can have a post filter distortion, which generally lacks on analog Elektrons.

Also, in a hardware only setup, you can route any of the 12 tracks of the syntakt into the fx block, but the AH is an all or nothing option.

3 Likes

I precised it, but twice is better. :wink:

1 Like

Hi buddies!
If I syntakt->overbridge->daw, are the tracks mono or stereo?

thxalot, love & peace!

They are then mono. I’ve made a request that they add the stereo panning information back “on the other side” when generating the wave files on the computer, it would save you from lots of double work and wouldn’t require more bandwidth over USB. But as of today, it doesn’t do it.

As a workaround, when recording into the DAW, you can assign only specific tracks to either the analog fx block or the mains out, which are both stereo outs. So, if you’ve carefully p-locked panning on, say, a percussion track, you could send only that to the mains out and would then get a stereo print for that track only, while all other tracks (including even the percussion track itself if you want) are printed as mono.

thank you for your answer and suggestions.

1 Like

Is that you?

10 Likes

Yep, Catenation.

2 Likes

Lacoste edition :crocodile:

4 Likes