What's next for Elektron?

Elektron should licence the Micromonsta 2, put four instances (= 8 timbres) of it plus Elektron sequencer in the Digi form factor and name this thing “Polytakt”.

3 Likes

i’m probably not the first person to bring this up but i wouldn’t be surprised to see a few of these companies sell firmware updates (i.e. machines) in the same way that sound/sample packs are sold now

not sure how i would feel about that- obviously bug fixes and qol interface improvements should be free but i wouldn’t mind paying like 8-10 bucks for some new machines for my st if they were produced more frequently and consistently

3 Likes

Monstertakt :grin:

2 Likes

That’s about what the Syntakt already contains. Seems like you’re asking for a Syntakt mk II.

1 Like

I am very new to all of this, but my experience in other fields (tech) tells me that if you wanted to track back what the business might do next, you should look back at the market from a perspective of 1-1.5 years ago, at least. I doubt they will try to compete with M8/Polyend mini this year, as those things didn’t even exist at the moment of planning the 2023, and probably 2024, too. Just my 2c

Yeah and the Syntakt even has three voices that can be Dual VCO or SY RAW, so there’s polyphony of up to 6 voices programmable …

&

2 Likes

It’s back, and for 950 euro. This scared the batshit out of me, I am not ready for mk2 lol

2 Likes

I am 100% for more firmware updates :grin:.

2 Likes

While I would understand this from an economic standpoint, as a consumer and a person who adamantly purchases physical release hardware products instead of software, I would probably be turned off by this and jump ship, or at least boycott any sort of release that employed this model.

If this is what most people appreciate as normal business practice, then that’s ok and I have no issue with anyone who adheres to the model of software / firmware releases or subscriptions as physical products, but for me this would be a firm no and it would change my overall feeling about the company.

Old man shouts at clouds.

22 Likes

“In app purchases”

Eesh

950??? Wowsers. Have I just not been keeping up with prices, or is this a huge increase? Maybe some major firmware updates coming?

2 Likes

Love those designs!

What are those??

not at all / totally valid concern

a subscription model would definitely suck

4 Likes

Subscription would be horrendous but I don’t mind a one-time a la carte sale if it significantly improves functionality, especially if that’s what enables additional development.

4 Likes

Why does everyone keep suggesting Elektron charge for something they’ve always given for free?

11 Likes

iPhone app 4 digiboxes is the future!

Elektron should meter the electrons that move through their devices and charge an exit fee to hear them at the outputs.

6 Likes

Because they think it will mean more frequent and better firmware updates.

But definitely not more dissatisfiaction when their $19.99 firmware update doesn’t make them a good producer.

15 Likes

A good snare costs at least $49.99.

10 Likes

What’s good in OP-1? I’ve thought it’s just a fun toy for hipsters.