New Machines for your machine

Love this! Could be the soundtrack for a new futurama season :smiley:

Just to emphasize, the RAW and SWARM additions really filled some bread and butter gaps on the Syntakt. The fact that folks are doing such varied and interesting tracks using JUST those two machines is telling.

Thanks, Elektron!

8 Likes

I have been scouring the interwebs looking for examples of Raw and Swarm and there are surprisingly few. Iā€™m wonderingā€¦

1. Does Raw track better than the dual VCO despite using the same circuitry? Not sure if thatā€™s even possible or a hardware limitation.

2. Is Swarm equally ballsy as supersawy (for lack of better term)? When I had a Virus the hypersaw set to a single osc was much heftier than the classic saw.

3. Any other comments about the new engines? Amazing? Meh? Inquiring minds want to know!

I think I read somewhere that the next (this one I guess) firmware is supposed to improve things. However, thereā€™s always SY BITS as digital alternative if problems would occur ā€¦

Edit: Syntakt users: How stable/unstable are your Dual VCOs? - #59 by gcoh

1 Like

Jeanne, thanks for the response. Iā€™m subbed to your channel and love your sound and various projects! I read you comment in the past that DN is your favorite Elektron. Does this still ring true still?

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: Yes, because the Digitone feels pretty unlimited and makes it easy to create all kind of evil sounds, but also typical analog ones (even though they will be just digital).
It can be really rich.

With the Syntakt, itā€™s always a bit truffle hunting and can feel like working against the machine to get sounds I like. What speaks a lot for the Syntakt is the silvery sound it can have, the fx drive, the analog square wave, ā€¦ Iā€™m over the moon that it got new machines, because that was and will always be my favourite thing to get ā€¦ and I am having a blast with it these days :wink:

3 Likes

Had gas for the Prophet 5 but stuck with the Syntakt 4

3xRaw, 1xNoise, 1xSwarm

26 Likes

Oof, if Elektron opens STā€™s polyphony it will be such a beast of a polysynth. Sounds fantastic

5 Likes

Classic analog juice with a bit of supersaw goodness.

Mmm! :drooling_face:

1 Like

and they sound good

omg ā€¦ who remembers this song ā€¦

(2x swarm + 1x chord for the stab, needs more tweaking. the rest is syntakt, too.)

-> final version, video:

17 Likes

Lords of Acid? Rings a strong bell but canā€™t quite place itā€¦

1 Like

T99 Anasthasia

4 Likes

So, after some a bit trashy gabber attempts above, this is a bit more creative and cool. The 2nd hoover riff (with the glissando) is a place holder (needz to be bettah).

Stab = 2x Swarm + Sy Bits
Hoover = Swarm
Kick = Raw

Eventually I came ot agree that an innovative 909ish cymbal and hihat machine (not samples) is somewhat missing the most ā€¦

9 Likes

I like Machinedrumā€™s, would love to see them back :slight_smile:

6 Likes

1000000000000000000000000000000% agree

3 Likes

The cover nobody wanted but everybody deserved: Anasthasia

pads = 4x swarm
stab: sy chord (ā€œlow stringsā€) + sy swarm (ā€œbrassā€) + 2x sy swarm (choir)
snare = sy tone
beep motif/lead = sy bits
zaps = bd modern
ā€œbass guitarā€ = sy tone (picking) + sy raw (low end)
tambourine = ut noise with resonant filter
hihat = default analog hihat machine
kick = bd classic

20 Likes

:joy: amazin!

1 Like

Tutorial on RAW - make a (small) kit using 3 tracks of RAW. ACID style bass. walkthru and then starts from scratch.

2 Likes

swarm le thicc

improved:

19 Likes