New Elektron Box 2016

Like,style on fleek

This is exactly what the Allen & Heath Qu-Pac has been for me.
22 analog inputs. 18 tracks recording 24bit/48khz to a USB thumb drive.
Usable FX.

3 Likes

Mixers, whiskersā€¦back to wild speculation.

@Accent - same. for a bit too long now, its annoying, anything would be better, like just to know if its a recorder or fx or whatever we would be speculating and having fun about it, now it has turned into stupid spamming nonsense.

social experiment fail

4 Likes

I could see them going in a Karplus Strong/Resonator direction. Impulse from rytm would work with it along with the cv outs from A4. Something like a hybrid of Mutable Rings and Clouds - assortment of effects baked in.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Finally, the perfect mixer?

Analog morrhƄr?

Beware, there are some italian guys here, and Fica is always analog hereā€¦

1 Like

Sometimes digitalā€¦

fuktigt

Elektron, you really ought to spill the beans. 909 day is coming up and youā€™ll get drowned out under the new Aira devices hype :-o

4 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: New Roland AIRA instruments 9.09

I have Behringer XR12, perfect piece of kit for me, digital mixer and records a stereo out to USB stick. This is touted as a ā€œstudioā€ box so some form of mixer / recorder, done Elektron-style makes sense to me. I used the Octatrack for this a few years back and it was pretty clunky.

Iā€™m kind of over getting hyped about analog for now. So much out there now. Spoilt for choice. Analog Keys. Rytm. Ob-6. Deepmind. MFB dominion 1 + drum machines. MS20. Odyssey. Matrixbrute. Mother 32. O coast. Sub 37. + all the more boutique/smaller companies kind of stuff. Past few years have been non-stopā€¦something affordable that sounded like an OB-6 would be pretty special but I donā€™t see it happeningā€¦

Would just like to see some ideas get refined now - Analog RYTM with onboard sampling. Pumped up OP-1. Octatrack with separate outs and polyphonic tracks. Analog Keys with super knobby UI and ā€˜normalā€™ rotary response curve options. An updated V-Synth.

I know some of that stuff IS analog but TBH the best of current digital (Roland/Diva etc) is so close that Iā€™d take any of the above kind of units if it was high quality digital with a ton of features and totally refined, over watered down analog versions missing features or playing it safe. We already have plenty of options thereā€¦
Though yeah youā€™re right, 2016 Roland probably not the company to do any of that :wink:

5 Likes

Yep. Hurry Elektron. If Roland brings a nice little boutique 303 and 808, there goes my budget. Would love to see a new SP in the AIRA line as well.

So. Couldnā€™t wait any longer. Bought an octatrack again. hope the Setup will be complete for a while. have to stop browsing the Internet to stay away from buying more stuff.
really hope they wont release an octatrack2 though

4 Likes

I like the idea of a knobby AK, I would buy that for sure. I really like my A4, its a bit like being cast out into the void but ive got a couple of good synth parts from it, and a ton of percussion.

Full knob control would make it far more easier to find sweet spotsā€¦

Im fine with digital as long as it sounds good :grin:

2 Likes

I really canā€™t say anything about the new gizmo/machine/box/thing/product/unit, sorry! :nej:

3 Likes

Can you draw it and we can maybe try to guess?

https://www.playmeo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/0062_pictionary_div.png

6 Likes

Elektron Gremlin confirmed.

1 Like