New Elektron Box 2016

@complex_minimal: I have done a video workshop where I’am controlling the A4 with a MIDI controller to get the full control of it. Perhaps it might be interesting for you :slight_smile: It’s german but with english subtitles …

Best, Kai

And if elektron was releasing separate module from each machines? You could buy aR voice or a4 voice or octa voice separatly and put it in a case with the elektron sequencer built in! It could be nice to have a "modular " elektron

1 Like

thats actually a very good point, Im going to remap all my synths knobs via overbridge. Ive got a ring of midi controllers all around me right now, maybe not quite the precision of the encoders but still something

maybe a bcr2000?

I would still buy a knobby AK, I actually want a normal AK :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, I think I’ve got it. It’s a multi-in effects processor like the OT, but instead of two fx per track, it’s effects in bulk with sends. Multi-outs to route certain effects to different out channels. And a sequencer to plock effect sounds.

This might actually be cooler than I initially would think it to be

One of my latest pleasures with the analog series is parameter locking the sends. It’s a lot of fun with the crazy sounds you can make. Basically it’s like this but on steroids. And also you can save effects patches on this unit like what was requested on the analog series thus far but never answered

This is what it is, I’d bet hypothetical money on it

Add also the scenes and performance features. You can use this box solo or others can plug into it. The play the instruments and you play the sounds

and can you say when you can say anything about it? like 2 weeks, 2 months, etc?

3 Likes

id be all over that, sounds like loads of fun

Add also the scenes and performance features. You can use this box solo or others can plug into it. The play the instruments and you play the sounds

Performance on encoders and scenes on a ‘Dual JAG Controller’ like this:

Imagine plugging in one instrument and having it come out 4 different ways simultaneously. If there’s p-lockable pitch shifting you could harmonize your one instrument!

yeah that would be cool, one harmonizing tune on this thing at one pattern length and another on the unit going into it, polyrhythmic harmonies.

1 Like

It’s going to be totally spoilt by SPS-1 day (Sep 1).

The only rumour we have heard so far has been “sometime this year”. It’s still only August. No doubt Elektron want it out sooner than later, and probably before the holidays in November and December. But it’s not like there can’t be delays in production of a new product, and I doubt this product will be some limited edition item that are all going to be gone on the first day of announcement.

If this topic is making you stressed, just ignore it for now. You’ll hear a lot about it “when it’s ready”.

1 Like

Lol, remember the Overbridge delays? Fukkkkkk

1 Like

yeah, we are perhaps a year or two far before an actual product ships, it will be just revealed this year

Just remember: very long comes before long.

So, before long…

3 Likes

Maybe it’s a speculatometer?

It measures levels of pointless speculation.

This thread is off the scale!

Maybe it’s a speculatometer?

It measures levels of pointless speculation.

This thread is off the scale!

so it’s still not out yet?

also, i like “speculometer” better. easier to say… rolls off the tongue a little better.

yep, I see your alternative works better than mine. I’ll change my release specs and tell everyone when I’m ready to pre announce my pre announcement.

2 Likes