NAMM 2024 -- (January 25 - 28)

Dang… well, saved me some money.

2 Likes

i shouldn’t be following this thread anyway but it’s reassuring that nothing presented so far has been particularly gas-inducing

superbooth will probably be the real challenge

thank you @Jukka for all the detailed updates

15 Likes

I don’t know anything about the industry but it seems like the really notable companies aren’t using shows like this to debut flagship products anymore. Seems more like a vehicle for smaller companies to ride the associated press that comes with the show.

3 Likes

Yamaha has released a first version of their E.S.P. for the Montage M.

E.S.P. stands for Expanded Softsynth Plugin, so it is a softsynth version of the Montage M. This is the initial version, so it has the complete sound, but only allows some basic editing. It is only available to Montage M owners currently. No final word, but you might expect it to be available for purchase to non owners, some time in the future. Future versions of the software will add full editing, enhanced connectivity and more. This is said to be available sometime this summer.

Here’s more info in a Blake’s Take, but unless you’re already a Montage M owners or about to be, this would likely be too much information.

2 Likes

Yeah, swing and a miss imo. If you have to be tethered to an outlet anyway, the integrated keyboard isn’t nearly as valuable. Battery and speaker would have been great.

Another new thing, Yamaha is showing the Genos2.

Other things new from Yamaha at the show :

Anyone interested in the FGDP ? ( thread )

SEQTRAK Thread.

4 Likes

This is rather different and nice.
An inexpensive four channel rotary mixer.

It’s called the R4 and it is from Headliner.

22 Likes

Pretty good price for a Dj rotary mixer. I’d never seen one of acceptable quality for less than $1000. Usually much more.

2 Likes

Just watched Reverb’s Korg-centric video and I’m adoring to the deluge of kit we’ve already heard about, they also have new Soundlink mixers with some sort of on-board sample playback :thinking:

2 Likes

…and a Chopin-centric digital piano

intrigued by the new Korg mixers, hoping there will be 16/24 channel iterations eventually

2 Likes

So that SSL update kills the Console One-gas for me.

3 Likes

I thought of you when I saw it. Makes the UC1 a whole lot more useful.

1 Like

If I can map this to anything from whatever eq I use to my reverbs, delays and even synths, I’m getting this tomorrow.

2 Likes

AKAI means Red

Now waiting for Bitwig integration for UF1 as well :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@circuitghost - and basically everyone in the Logic Pro thread - this made me think of you.
A bit wary of what it’s worth.
But always worth a look!

The Nektar Panorama CS12

https://youtu.be/dSRLj9-a15w?si=Q7jk2P1z_B7bgHis

1 Like

It does indeed.

They’ve had a number of red products, too, and the entire software UI for the desktop MPC stuff is covered in red.

They’ve been going more red-centric for a while now.

How suitable would this be in order to record a couple synths? Been looking at a few simple but decent mixers. Not a DJ but this looks pretty sweet, isn’t crazy expensive and Im guessing quality is pretty nice. Just wondering if it’s going to be a struggle to use it as a mixer for incoming signals into my audio interface, or even replace my audio interface…

Sonicstate showed the new UHE Zebralette - it had quiete a lot of wavetable oscillator manipulation available, and wavetable export. (To be used in vital /serum) and its free. Actually awesome news!

12 Likes