NAMM 2021 - main hub

Personally if Elektron doesn’t attend and just throws some firmware updates for the Digitone, I’ll be a happy camper.

8 Likes

Spray it !

Class-compliant USB and some MIDI CC support makes this more desirable than the other one for some peeps.

ASM releases…

2 Likes

The fact that Korg is now doing a reissue of the Minikorg 700s gives me renewed hope that they will do their own reissue of the Mono/Poly.

4 Likes

Elektron aren’t actually listed in the “brands” section, so I guess we won’t see anything from them again this year! :frowning:

Oh well!

You never do know. Just because they aren’t listed there doesn’t necessarily mean that they won’t announce something soon. Like Dave Smith in recent years, just does his thing from a hotel room near NAMM. Teenage Engineering have done a similar thing before. Since everything is online this year, everyone will hear about it when it is announced anyway, either through music news sites, forums, or youtube. The flipside is that they did just release the OT Anniversary Edition, so they may just wait a bit before dropping something new.

2 Likes

Yea last year they didn’t announce anything but announced model:cycles in march

Yup, could be a spring fling again this year.

…the globe is on hold til may…

2 Likes

No thank you.
The text would be awful.

I had a model samples briefly and one of the things that became very clear to me that I hadn’t considered before is that the textured white surface get’s dirty really easily and it looks more gross than “well loved”. I almost think it was designed to lose resale value. vs the digi range that probably looks pretty charming as it gets beat up. Plus black always looks cool :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Can’t find the search page. Anybody know what day Novation is presenting (and thus presumably introducing their new hardware)?

1 Like

It’s literally the only reveal I’m looking forward to, now that Sequential played their hand a few days ago.

What!?! Did I miss something or do you mean the P6/OB-6 vintage knobs?

1 Like
2 Likes

Right, cheers, forgot those. Might’ve been better off not remembering those beauties though. Got enough things to GAS for as it is. :rofl:

1 Like

Their first hand. :wink:

2 Likes

Oh come on Sequential… :smiley:

1 Like

I know. The humanity, right?

1 Like