NAMM 2021 - main hub

I like the way you think there.

2 Likes

Tempest ii. I’m calling it early

5 Likes

I like the way you think, too.

1 Like

Yeah it would be nice to see that controller Roger Linn demoed at a stream… I’m hoping it will be attached to a tempest 2

1 Like

5 Likes

For those of you with way too much gear (haha, just kidding, there’s no such thing), Speck Electronics is apparently re-releasing the Xtramix with some tweaks:

Report: Speck revive the Xtramix | Gear Report
Details: Speck Electronics - Xtramix 6

7 Likes

Kodamo Bitmasker, Pocket Synth With Harmonic-Rich Oscillators & Weird Modulations

Not a whole lot of new info here, as Kodamo shared info and photo’s about this back in November, but still pretty cool.

1 Like

19 Likes

I think most synth / electronic manufacturers are moving away from the Q1 gear announcements as I’ve seen a decline in Namm participation and general dread about namm from a lot of the more over/underground gear makers. I think there was a big wave of Q1 launching in the 2010s but super booth and even synthplex are becoming better echo chambers. esp now with the rise of influencer marketing strategies - why even launch a product when everyone else is? Covid might be it’s death nail.

2 Likes

Oh, come on, Nostrasynthus. At least wait until after Namm’s theoretically over.

4 Likes

Lol. If you’ve been on the namm app - you don’t need a crystal ball. Ha.

1 Like

Worst part is, you’re right :blush:

1 Like

Yep, thanks to Messe, Synth Booth, etc. our GAS can be triggered year round instead of just in January.

This is where the old guard who only cares about Hammond and big workstation keyboards are at an advantage. They don’t care about smaller manufacturer products.

1 Like

Don’t forget AES. That’s when the high end EQs, compressors, interfaces get announced. (Bites fist)

1 Like

I did say “etc”

1 Like

My mistake I speak before reading.

1 Like

They should make a volca version and call it the Microwave…
:cricket: :cricket: :cricket:

6 Likes

is this joke still floating around these boards? remember when “OT users will be pleased” meant we get a model samples? lmao

7 Likes

The hype is killing me (again)…
Looks like another standalone (based on the camera angle) :smiley:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKQzN4gi1Gz/

9 Likes

They should have just renamed NAMM “THE KORG SHOW” this year.

10 Likes