NAMM 2020 Rumors, Wishes, and Speculation Thread

Sequential rumours?
With Prophet 12 and Pro2 retired there should be something new???

3 Likes

compared to many synths these days, yes. but itā€™s not really all that bad. the size is one of the best parts, actually. feels like a real instrument. like using it is a physical activity.

I used to own a Macbeth M5N. now that was huge. the box it came in was the size of my washing machine.

anywayā€¦ hopefully Korg do re-release it and re-create it fully. Iā€™m sure there will be detractors from that approach, but many will love it. and it will differentiate them from the Behringer one.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll be able to afford an MPC by thenā€¦ Iā€™m about to buy some Moog but I canā€™t pick between the Matriarch (Iā€™m building a Eurorack halfway through next year) and the Sub 37 finally.

Then Iā€™ll have to buy two Korg ARP 2600s if Behringer releases one, maybe 3 Korg ARPs to support the OG designers. This ARP revival with Korgā€™s help is making me want a damn Ody FSQ while Iā€™m at it.

I legitimately think I might end up on the streets.

But isnā€™t Ableton Live in a hardware boxā€¦

ā€¦essentially a computer?

6 Likes

Yes but people canā€™t do things like check Elektronauts on it.

What theyā€™re asking for basically overrides the need for any self restraint.

2 Likes

You know what I mean. A cross between a dedicated controller like Push and a portable DAW in a box like the MPC Live essentially

2 Likes

A battery powered, portable(and hopefully smaller) Ableton Live would be dope.

The force mostly ticks this aside from the (imo) ugly design. I definitely can see the appeal in it but for those who donā€™t like touchscreens like myself iā€™d prefer a smaller option in a similar format.

1 Like

Sure, i know what you mean. :slightly_smiling_face: I suppose thatā€™s what akai aimed for with force for instance, but maybe youā€™re looking for something else.

1 Like

I wish Elektron would make a a mixer. Something like the Roland MX-1 with sequencable effects only
Elektron-ized. That would be so amazing !

9 Likes

indeed. And with OB channel streaming onboard. I would buy it ASAP

Would be so cool to have a plockable mixer - fx, eq and compression tricks per step! The competitors would be left sitting in the dust

1 Like

YES!!! They NEED to do this !!!

Iā€™d be so gutted if they brought out more model: things and then made a model:mix like the volcas. If they do an an elektron mixer please let it be more dark trinity shape and less fisher price

3 Likes

ā€œIā€™m still in the business and hope to have a new product out by the end of this year, and Iā€™m also hoping to get back into the polyphonic synthesizer business next year."
Tom Oberheim

5 Likes

I hope behringer reveal the finally finished RD09 at Namm. On the other hand, I cant afford it until february, earliest, so I hope more for a ā€œMarch is release of the bug free finished badass RD09ā€

2 Likes

New at NAMM this year from Roland in the realm of cross between computer and keyboard synth (OK piano sounds only so far).

Roland GO:PIANO with Alexa Built-In

BTW: Isnā€™t that an Amy Winehouse song in the middle.
Alexa ā€¦ sound like Amy Winehouse.

$500

ADDED: Sheā€™s not much for conversation. But maybe during a late night playing the keyboard:
Alexa ā€¦ Order me a pizza.

2 Likes

A windows surface with a good audio/midi interface would do I guess.

It got rumoured by Mr Jean Michel Jarre, that Korg will introduce finally an Arp 2600 rebuilt, in its original size.

if we were going to see a new Elektron box, we have passed the avant garde hipster long teaser video launch time already. Unless they have decided to just drop something on NAMM launch with no teaser, its just going to be @Dataline and the current boxesā€¦ which is way cool too. I enjoy watching the NAMM vids of Dataline/Cenk playing the machines.

3 Likes

Yeah ā€¦ NAMM launch is January 16th exactly one month out.

I think thereā€™s plenty of time for all sorts of abstruse videos.

4 Likes