NAMM 2020 Rumors, Wishes, and Speculation Thread

Is it just me or is that thing ridiculous to anyone else? Voice controls for simple button tools? I like the form factor but the concept seems like a gimmick. I almost thought it was a prank at first

2 Likes

100% useless gimmick :ok_hand:

1 Like

It is to me. But thereā€™s a lot of stuff that seems ridiculous and sells by the ton.

The ROLI LUMI for instance which will definitely be at NAMM.

The Digitone was only casually teased prior to NAMM, and then they didnā€™t really get into any further hints till they were setting up.

Digitakt teasers, I think, didnā€™t start until about a week prior to NAMM if even that long.

Still plenty of time

5 Likes

I like the LUMI in combo with a few of their other products. Iā€™m not much of a keys player so I think this could helpā€¦ and shiny LEDS make everything better.

1 Like

I cant wait to scream : Alexa, mute all outputs or use cowbell sound ! at the musicien playing live with that new Roland :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Alexa - self destruct immediately

2 Likes

ā€¦just stumbled over the idea what could be next for elektron in same named threadā€¦

ā€¦an A oneā€¦!?
a downgraded version of the a4 in a digis footprint sounds pretty realistic for a nice surprise to come up with out of the blueā€¦
and in this case they would be perfectly able of doing so. right awayā€¦

and while i never digged yamaha big time, itā€™s defenitly time for them to finally show up with something new againā€¦seems they got high hopes for 2020 tooā€¦

2 Likes

That idea is not really that far fetched as DSI (Sequential) made the Mopho awhile back.
They also made a limited keyboard version which I almost bought.
(the yellow was attractive :cool:)

Would be the same concept I suppose in Elektron form, just lowered voices.

1 Like

Citing some comment on youtube:
ā€œObvious privacy issues aside. Who the hell memorizes the exact name of every sound patch of a keyboard?ā€

6 Likes

Iā€™m taking a page out of the ā€œmanifest your realityā€ playbook and sincerely hoping (making real with my mind powers) Elektron will re-release MachineDrum and Monomachine in digi-format.
I keep eyeing used ones that come up but they are generally overpriced and wellā€¦used.
Come on Elektron! Beat Behringer to the punch! :):grin:

8 Likes

Things got crossed but in a different sort of way.

So the standalone now adds the computer to it. That should get a lot of play at NAMM2020.

1 Like

Not quite the same as Ableton in a box but getting there, for sure

1 Like

Iā€™m buying a machinedrum real soon and will be big salt if they drop a newer version of it in a few months lol

4 Likes

I always feel like thereā€™s room for Ableton to do a little angled rack style Push without the Push. Could even have more of an arrangement focus. Lose the 64 pads, but re-design button locations that make sense for an editing and sound design workflow. Would be a great compliment for people that prefer keyboards rather than pads, and take up less space on the desk. And Push can keep being Push.

2 Likes

Sounds great to me. I would love to see Ableton do more hardware controllers, plus a Circuit-like mobile device for a scratchpad.

Iā€™d love to see Abletonā€™s own take on a combo of the Akai APC series and Livid DS1. Screen, faders, at least 4 send knobs, and a cross-fader - more of a companion piece to the Push rather than a replacement.

3 Likes

Buy with confidence. I think the last thing weā€™ll see from Elektron is a machinedrum mk3. All the comments in this thread are a lot of (strange) wishful thinking. If you want a machinedrum, get a machinedrum.

7 Likes

So itā€™s rumored Behringer is releasing an online music marketplace.
Whatā€™s suppose to set them apart from eBay and reverb is itā€™s suppose to be ā€œfreeā€œ to sell.

But do we really need another music marketplace.

3 Likes

Itā€™s Behringerā€™s secret plan to source rare synths to clone

9 Likes

EBay and Reverb earn revenue from advertising and data mining, so I always wondered if this could be ran as a free service :thinking:

2 Likes