NAMM 2020 Rumors, Wishes, and Speculation Thread

Hey man,
Sorry for being over sensitive earlier. I’ve been in a bit of a funk and get touchy when I’m in that state.
Thank you for the info. I definitely need to learn more about the different protocols in terms of speed and bandwidth. You, AdamJay and a few others have given me a lot to look over.
Thank you!

5 Likes

Want to draw attention to what KaOsphere already posted.

ADDED: I see it has a digital audio SPDIF interface included. This also bodes well for the Osmose buyers in that Haken is actively developing there EaganMatrix product with the new Firmware Version 9.

2 Likes

Ooh, proper L/R outputs in addition to the headphone jack, plus USB MIDI built-in. I’ve never thought about replacing my Continuum with anything else - until now! I wonder, though, if this will also work with the older CVC or if I’d have to replace that, too…

I can’t pre-order it, but I will start saving…:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Mackie Microphones ! ! !

2 Likes

Ahh cool, I saw on your insta story that you were going to namm. So I got stoked, but that’s all good. Long live digitone

1 Like

This is for speculations - there is a thread for actual NAMM news - can this now be closed ?

2 Likes

Tbh I’m a bit disappointed as I haven’t received mine yet because orders have been delayed due to this new hardware .
In the workshop in Paris in november Christophe acknowledged that the hardware was there to stay and that they did note plan to upgrade it anytime soon…This, will make me reconsider all the exchanges I had with Lippold bacause he was obviously hiding this release…I will probably enjoy a lot my continuum but…You know…

1 Like

I am not surprised by them withholding that information, but am surprised that they told you that they did not plan to upgrade the hardware any time soon. That’s a bit disconcerting to hear.

There is much to be said for the current version - full DIN for MIDI, fully pro AES/EBU connections, and a weightiness that likely makes it a bit more stable for an action-oriented interface. Honestly, I kinda wish the new I/O was simply added to the old one. I’ve never liked the single TRS stereo output, though, and using an external MIDI interface adds a layer of complexity that could be avoided with the built-in USB.

I wonder if there will be a trade-in or discount for existing users?

1 Like

Yes, it’s the sort of move you expect from big synth company not from Haken…

But in the end, what bothers me the most is this workshop on the 12th of November. «If you get in the train with us you can be assured that the hardware won’t change anytime soon, there is no plan for that. »

And of course the fact that my unit is really late to ship because they were actually working on something else for namm.

First world problem I suppose…

3 Likes

Yeah, the copy about unlimited effects was what made me think about an upgraded version but they were comparing it to classical multi-effects !

I don’t know if it will be successful but it seems better priced than their previous effortd, especially when you compare it with the pi-sound that can run the same software minus the hardware controls.

1 Like

Ouch. Believe me, though, you will love the Continuum you get.

Relatively quiet day so far… no major announcements/reveals.

I will for sure ! And if not…I won’t tell ! :rofl:

1 Like

I wonder if Korg has anything else up the sleeve, some Korg-adjacent redditors liked to hint at it in last AMA. I would even accept firmware updates to the almost-abandonware products.

They’ve still got to tell us about the OpSix, so that’ll be worth a look soon. It’s being kept behind a glass case atm

Please do tell Lippold! He might fix what you don’t like. Better for all of us!

And no NI news (at least not yet). Don’t actually plan to buy or use any NI gear (been there already and sold it all), but was curious if they’d surface after their layoffs in Q4 and their nebulous statement on consolidating business areas.

On an Elektron note. Sad to hear no news for winter NAMM, and honestly holding off on a DT or OT to see if something new pops up. A lot of comments from folks on a desire to see Overbridge coming out of beta. But I’m curious on any new MK2 or 3 models.

1 Like

In a way, seeing OB finally released as a stable thing with most major bugs crushed out of existence would give the devs more time to work on other things. So, I’d say a lot of people want it done and dusted sooner rather than later because it’s taking too much time already and we want more boxes of joy

Nothing from NI as yet. I was quietly hoping for Ableton to show off something too. Alas, nothing yet. Maybe at Superbooth in Berlin where both companies are based :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Responding to this post in the other thread.

So given that Behringer waited til after the show last year to announce the Crave, one can suspect that they still have a couple of tricks left after the RD-6 announcement.

BTW: Moderators?

What’s this difference between this and the NAMM 2020 Actual thread? A distinction without a difference.

I think the difference for the actual thread was that stuff in that thread has been officially confirmed by the manufacturer. Now that the show is underway I’m not sure there’s much difference. Still, we can speculate in this one.

2 Likes