NAMM 2020 : Actual News/Releases

New voice controlled synth/fx processor from Waves.

give it a try

2 Likes

Bassline DB-01 from some gal named Erica

2 Likes

Best thing to come out of the NAMM thread so far!

The sound of silence? I don’t there’s even one second of synth audio

Yes its a dissapointing update. I wish it would just hurry up and get released as its been talked about for ages now and reviewed several times by Nick Batt etc etc.

Behringer RD-6

9 Likes

They might have slowed their roll on releasing new gear. They seem to be focused on correcting issues on existing products - which I think is great.

7 Likes

Anti-ambient community intensifies

on topic: wild new joystick from Doepfer

8 Likes

One would hope.

1 Like

Yeah, lots of firmware updates last year addressing bugs, and adding some user requested features. I think it has been a good thing.

2 Likes

I have been shopping joysticks for a while – i’m pretty sure that Doepfer is using the Omter OMC45 for this if anyone is looking to DIY.

1 Like

Whoa! This is awesome!!! Command center status!

So Musicradar has an article of The Best New Synths of NAMM 2020.

Their list:

WINNER: Korg Wavestate
Sequential Pro-3
Nord Wave 2
Moog Subsequent 25
Sonicware Liven 8bit Warps
Korg ARP 2600 FS
ASM Hydrasynth (i think it’s here because of adding MPE)
Korg MS-20 FS
Erica Synths DB-01

3 Likes

Didn’t sound all that good listening to the demos, but then it may just be a musical taste thing.

My god, that’s looks like a stick-shift in a car

seriously!

All my synths have this lousy automatic transmission.

4 Likes

Atari controller

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2F3%2F33%2FAtari-2600-Joystick.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

2 Likes

Any word on how much the Behringer euro case will be?

1 Like

I think they mendtioned somewhere on GS it’d be around 150€ after deciding to go for a mounting strip rather than sliding nuts which would have been at 99€… But then again I might just be trippin…

1 Like

They also took a vote soon after that detailing the pros and cons of strips versus nuts so the price may change somewhat, sound like they are very down to modify the design based on user feedback

3 Likes