NAMM 2019 predictions / releases

All joking aside how cool would it be for DigiDrum a DT/DN/AH format port of the best of the MD? To my mind the MD had some of the nicest sounding bass drums from any drum machine.

10 Likes

I’d love to see a “DigiMachine” MM/MD hybrid in the “Digi____” format.
But I won’t be disappointed if I don’t :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hmm I think they might announce a new box

1 Like

I was talking about this with a friend and he said “if they had any kind of common sense, they’d be doing a hybrid system — digital oscillators/ analog filters/ drive, etc.”

^this would be the bees-knees.

got me fingers crossed for this one
:slight_smile: :crossed_fingers:

Their last two new machines(excluding AH mk2) both sequence external gear?

2 Likes

It would be the first box I’d pay full price for on a pre-order.

Doesn’t even need to be Digi-sized(though I’d hope they’d keep the 2x8 sequencer, though- That layout is super nice)

But, I’m not expecting it either

Edit: but yeah, Elektron can totally DM me :smiley:

2 Likes

I think that we will see the monomachine refresh eventually but not in the way people want. This year will be a takt sized digiwav box, next year a takt size sid box, etc. I believe the successes of the digitone has shown that its viable to turn each set of machines on the monomachine into its own standalone box.

Sequence via Midi ala MD? I thought was just the OT/DT and A4s via CV only. Didnt know the AR/A4 do midi now

Digitakt AND Digitone both sequence midi gear. It’s only the Analog series that don’t sequence via midi because the Analogs work on a protocol separate from Midi

5 Likes

I see… thanks for clarifying - i stayed away from the MK2s and was referring to the bix flagships indeed, not the compact series.

Also didnt know its a hardware limitation vs doing it on purpose so users are forced to buy the OT.

Regardless… MD3 is on the way, I can feel it!

And like you, ill be the first in line to get one if true​:pray:t3::heart:

as much as i hate to say it, sales have reportedly been so good on the digitakt/digitone that i think they may consider the digi line to be their flagship products currently. I know a lot of people who got into elektron before the digiboxes were released are having a hard time being ok with this.

id be ok with a md mkiii in digi format. especially if the a4/ar mkii are the new big box design/size.

digiMD with 16 freely assignable lfos :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Personally, I find the Digi-/Heat format extremely cool and I can see myself pondering to get any release of that kind, regardless of what it is, just because I like the layout - and the 2x8 sequencer for the Digi- boxes - so much.
They‘re so compact and tidy, very good for creativity :grin:

7 Likes

Dude. I hadn’t thought of the Analog mk2 format as being their new standard size. I wouldn’t mind a new flagship being Black Box sized over a Digi offering(as it implies a fuller feature set) but there’d be no way I could fit a big daddy into any of my setups

1 Like

It does seem that not everyone is feeling the larger designs of the mkII analogs, I thought I was in the minority. I do really like the form factor of the DT/DN/AH though, but I think for larger machines I’d prefer the MD/MM/OT style cases to be used again.

13 Likes

Dear elektron:

I would like you to make a digital drum machine with the same form factor as the DT/DN/AH

I thought of it first. Nobody else in this thread did (don’t scroll up)

I will accept royalty payment for my idea in Doritos.

Thanks

8 Likes

Agree 100%. I love the OG size

1 Like

spending 5 minutes in overbridge 2.0 - I am going to predict Elektron WILL make a master mixer which is also an interface for your daw which will ideally act as a DSP hub to host overbridge and any plugins they will make in hardware AND software format…

11 Likes

Im hoping the size of the a4/ar mkii is strictly because of the analog side of things. I do remember reading somewhere part of the bigger size was to create better spacing of the parts which should equal less noise on the signal. Would make sense as the OT mkii remained the same size. Another completely digital synth in the trinity size may be plausible if the analog stuff actually was a factor.

But, of the last 4 ENTIRELY new products (heat, drive, dt, dn) 3 of them were digibox size. I think that is going to remain the size for new products for a little while.

1 Like