NAMM 2019 predictions / releases

but how late is OB? I’d imagine they’d want to downplay that and not make a big deal out of “the thing we promised would be done two years ago is finally here!”

but then again, who’s been working on a new machine if they’ve been focused on OB development?

1 Like

I guess the guys and ladies from the hardware department?

2 Likes

I don’t know how they operate internally but probably OB and HW are different teams, since the skillset for embedded development is different from the skillset for VST development.

2 Likes

There might be a little overlap for the Elektron hardware side of the box, if the developer has a a slightly more general capability – but you’re more than likely totally correct.

All I know is I need this tshirt

16 Likes

Hmm perhaps. Although I am convinced they are releasing hardware.

And I am convinced its a reissue, it makes sense… think about a Machinedrum with am OT style sequencer, probability and updated hardware.

If their recent biz model choices tells us anything, one thing is for sure: that for sure it wont sequence external gear!! :joy::joy:

I hope I am wrong about that… but MD is on the way. You heard it here first! :joy::joy::joy:

I just also hope that it has a silver plate and form factor to the OG but thats pushing my wishful thinking… :thinking:

3 Likes

On god yes. Every software developer should own that t-shirt!

1 Like

I want one too

1 Like

sorry, bad joke. didn’t land. :man_shrugging:

Every Elektron software developer has to wear that shirt non-stop for the next two years as a kind of … hmmmm … badge of “honor” I guess? :wink:

2 Likes

These look interesting especially given i play a very old and very rugged Yamaha stage piano.

ADDED: Here’s a video that gives a good look at these. Good stuff!

Keep an eye on Jesus. He might announce something… :joy:

3 Likes

Maybe we should ask him to pray for an MD MK3.

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to the Apeture Science cake :yum:

4 Likes

This would be amazing, but would be a bit selfish, don’t you think? Only a small section of humanity could even afford to enjoy such a miracle.

An eternal supply of Jaffa Cakes, on the other hand, is something most of us would accept.
No more bland communion wafers, either. Two birds, one miracle.

4 Likes

Washed down with a nice hoppy craft beer rather than communion wine :joy:

1 Like

But think of the music that such a beast would enable us to give to mankind.

MD3 confirmed.

2 Likes

md3 4 Eva :pager::pager::pager:

Eternal Jaffa Cakes will spawn a whole new sub genre of grime, my friend. All I need is a microphone

In all seriousness, I hope the main focus for Elektron is this OB Beta. It’s been a long time coming and it adds plenty of value to their machines.

I do wish Waldorf would de-bug the Blofeld into a Blofeld2 with at least 4 outs and improved encoder hardware.

2 Likes