NAMM 2018 - News, Announcements hopes and rumours

I take solace in the fact you don’t have any Alicia Keys.
Give me the full bath anyday…

1 Like

Hopefully we see a powerful synth released at NAMM, once again pushing the boundaries of synthesis.
Something like a modern take on the Virus TI, Nord G2 or Roland V-Synth.
All game changing synths when they were released, but all a long time ago too I might add.
The Quantum seems promising, but costs a fortune, is friggin huge, and rumoured to not even have FM?
Workstations like the Kronos and Montage are extremely powerful but far from a great tactile user experience. Had a Kronos, sounded great but absolute pig to operate.
Hardware synths seem to be dumbing down rather than becoming more advanced, which to me is both sad and bizzare considering the huge advancements in DSP/technology available

4 Likes

I guess they will implement some basic FM like on the Q, Blofeld etc. I mean it’s digital in it’s core.

1 Like

The only thing which makes me sad about this one is it’s Eurorack heritage.

1 Like

Yeah seems bizzare, particularly from Waldorf

No Appeal ? No DEAL ! :rofl:
I think it’s simple…

We don’t been sold any more on aesthetic even less on demo or factory sounds
Computer-based software still innovate… I would like to discover something attractive like Behringer Deepmind Rack was regarding it’s price, OP-1 was regarding its size, KingKorg regarding it’s warmth, Clavia regarding its thrusted state… Access Virus regarding its specifications is still the best value for the bucks… TI series is 12 years old :confused:

I have the feeling like Clavia and Access are there from my beginning … oh it’s not a feel, isn’t it ? hahaha they really are :slight_smile: (1995 & 1997) Remember the first and testing at Music shop caen @acidhouseforall feel younger now ? right

Analog + Modular kill the thing, like TV show vs Movies :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I heard on a German forum that the Blofeld is getting 10 years old. Would be awesome if Waldorf plans something more affordable, besides of there flagship „Quantum„, and the Streichfett/vocoder.

I saw that a Quantum costs almost 4000€ ! That’s just too much for me, I probably just use Nexus, a midiontroller and send everything through the „best“analog Filter I can find. With 4000€ I could go into holliday for approximately 1-3 months!

But I kind of lost hope, it seams like every company is into analog.

If there only was a Swedish firm, who could create a new high-end synthesizer… :wink:

I would like to see a Nord 5 released, but not sure Clavia are even attending NAMM this year?

1 Like

I was talking about Elektron :slight_smile: A new Nord Lead would be awesome too.

ahaha… I couldn’t afford these back in the day…

1 Like

I know it’s a long shot, but since Nord has dropped the ball when it comes to drum synth modules (no pads attached please) with trigger inputs, hopefully someone else comes up with the real successor to the ND2.

I’m excited to see the Pittsburgh synthy thing. That radikal box sounds great, any word on cost?

yeah it sounds nice

A Nord Wave 2 with some Lead 3 thrown in would be amazing. :sob:

1 Like

Nord Lead 5, Analog Keys 16 flagship synth with sampling capability, Roland Boutique TB-303 Designer series(real analog), Toraiz AS-6 poly. Four likely candidates --which one is true?

1 Like

My guess if elektron has anything new it will be a guitar pedal or maybe something along the lines of a analog heat 2. If they had something really big they probably would have teased it just like how they teased the digitakt early.

I think roland has the R-07 field recorder type thing and maybe more

After all the DigiTone hubbub I’m kinda surprised we haven’t heard a peep.
About anything.

1 Like

Samezies. But on one hand- there are serious hints, on the other hand nothing outside of this forum(which we can’t be Elektrons entire buying demographic)

Tomorrow- a build up!

2 Likes

I think Elektron figured out that people get annoyed if they tease and they get annoyed if they don’t.

2 Likes

Teenage Engineering seems to have things to show.
At least new Pocket Operators with PO-32 transmission system.

6 Likes