NAMM 2018 - News, Announcements hopes and rumours

Ha someone mentioned T.E bring out a coffee machine.
It’s true. Definitely coffee in that top photo
Mmmm…coffee good
Preordered

4 Likes

Wonder if it could be another Sonic Charge collaboration since they mentioned they are announcing something new in the next week or so.

Oh, gimme a Synplant-based PO !!! :heart_eyes:
Or a crazy FX : I love just pushing FX, Nintendo Game & Watch style !

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeLShgBg23i/?taken-by=truecuckoo

2 Likes

Well I’m interested, never got Tonic or Factory but I have rest of the POs. They helped me get back into music. Interested what they’ve come up with them now.

Elektron have passed the teaser baton onto Cuckoo :smile:
Wonder what our furry friend will reveal :thinking:
Something from Elektron or T.E. is a pretty safe bet

1 Like

Tonic is the best of them all !
Even without the Microtonic bundle, I feel like the interaction is very well thought, like they learned from previous POs.
Then you can save and reload your patches (no need for MT neither).
And once you got Microtonic you can tailor the sounds to your needs. I love it !

1 Like

Well Magnus on the Sonic Charge forum just replied to my post with the picture from TE instagram so I’m guessing it will be another collab.

4 Likes

Dammit was hoping on a Vittoria / TE collab :sob:

1 Like

Crazy FX? If it was Permut8 that would be awesome.

3 Likes

Judging by his other titles, the title cuckoo’s OPZ tutorial seems to fit.

Yeah, I’ve understood that Tonic is favored By many. But I lost interest in it around the time when Digitakt was announced. Completely different machines but DT takes care of the hardware rhythm section pretty well.

1 Like

Maybe the mic is for tonic-style patch transmission…or for a sampling PO…or both!

Tonic is awesome, closest to a Nord Drum 2 in VST I could find.
Great how Sonic Charge think outside the box

I have a huge soft spot for the PO series. I’ve always found them realy fun to use.

Still got my Arcade, sadly my Office was stolen last year.

I was supposed to be saving for a Mother 32 but if a couple of interesting POs come out then I think I might have to pick them up instead.

1 Like

Here is something really interesting: „Voltage Modular“ from the new company called „Cherry Audio“.

It’s a virtual modular synth simulation, like Reaktor, VCV Rack, Softube modular. It’s only a teaser, the modules are no emulations of existing modules and I don’t know if it will be as deep as Reaktor 6. The new company is a union of personal from cakewalk, Sonic Foundry, Bias und Acoustica.

Personally I love the idea of a virtual modular system, because it costs less then one real Modul, doesn’t need much space, and in case of Reaktor, allows the creation of own modules on the deepest level possible(like a visual form of a programming language!), like audulus.

Here’s the teaser, we will get more infos at NAMM 18:

New PO’s - Gotta catch em all!

I love the new improvements in the tonic, mainly nondestructive FX & pattern / sound ”sysex” dumps. Wouldn’t mind if the rest of the PO’s had these same functions, as all my other PO’s are permanently ”frozen” to 16 patterns that I made over time and consider ”perfect”… no room left for new pattns, not much to jam with since I fear ruining the punch-in FX I managed to painstakingly record into all of them…

1 Like

I like the po’s , I have them all but rarely use them.
I’ll probably buy this one too.
Maybe xfer waveforms / samples / synth engine types ??

It might be a new Sonic Charge vst all together! I saw a forum post on Sonic Charge where someone asked him if they were working on something new- he concurred

Remember when B&H had 2 new POs listed for a moment on their site a few months ago? If you look back at that, it’s pretty easy to determine what these new POs will be based on with a little detective work.