MyTracks from Playtime Engineering

Just for fun let’s take a peak.

This sound only demo is from Jim Heywood, done at NAMM 2022 :

This is not due out till the end of this year, so no guarantee’s this is precisely what you get, but it’s close.

It’s intended to be fun, and is safety tested for kids 3 and up.

ADDED : Thread for the original BlipBlox.

1 Like

No such thing as low quality sounds only low fidelity so this looks great fun! :grinning:

1 Like
1 Like

It’s a great idea, but I think the issue I have with it is my kids who are old enough to enjoy it would dismiss it as a baby toy and refuse to touch it.

The design looks like it’s targeting age 2-3 but I think it would probably be of most interest to ages 5-9

As an asside my 7 and 9 year old really enjoy the Reface CS and the Circuit Tracks.

1 Like

That was my observation too. The synth they released had the visuals of a toy for very young kids and could be operated by them for fun musical times. I think a sequencer is definitely for an older audience, yet the ‘Tomy/Hasbro’ aesthetic remains.

An actual kid playing a BlipBox

What an actual kid. Never seen one of them before :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

some people doubted whether real children would play these things, or just adults.

I think that’s a fair question actually

Real children. Not the pretend ones?:scream:

I finally found a feature that I somehow overlooked in this forum. A leopard cannot changes its spots.

A walk through of the features. I’ve queued it to some playing. Fun. Twelve minute video.
They are at NAMM 2023.

Anyone want to do sound packs for this ?

ADDED : The randomizer makes this interesting too, especially with your sounds and grooves.

Holding out for the After Dark version

Going on Kickstarter April 9th.

They might actually do it !?

2 Likes

Got my eyes on this one.
May very well be a great educational tool in the end.
It should land somewhere in between November 2024 and early 2025.
Sounds like fun.

1 Like