Polyend Tracker Mini

:recycle:

3 Likes

Yeah no knock on the M8, I’ve had it since launch and its my main/favorite sequencer, but some of the key commands like the mute/solo stuff and filling values evenly between a selected range I have forgotten how to do quite a few times at this point, having the release order of buttons be part of how the mute and solo gets held to me is a sign it could use a few extra buttons.

yeah I could see them being decent… although the video game player in me is scared by the look of the Dpad… looks clumsy as heck with the button in the middle, I mean how am I gonna get Ryu to do a fireball let alone a shoryuken :rofl: but yeah given I mostly use M8 desktop (I’ve got good eyes I guess) I could see the appeal of a bigger screen, but the buttons could be too clumsy for me… I suppose we will soon learn more.

1 Like

Agree on that – there’s no reason for the thumb to have to move that far to change direction.

The eternal question. They don’t make d-pads like they used to.

what is the price, and is this the competitor of the SmpleTrek by sonicware, I hope polyend focused on sample editing features this time out then the Smpletrek would for sure be in trouble

1 Like

I think this is the main competition.

3 Likes

I still have the OG and even the jog wheel is going strong.

3 Likes

I personally don’t have any further wishes for the Tracker. They added so much to the OG it’s such a good device. Maybe more memory or SD card streaming. I don’t want a MPC that does too much.

1 Like

Don’t people experience annoying clicks when sequencing bass sounds on the tracker, like an 808 kick or sine like bass sound?

Again, not my experience but a good friend’s whom I trust. Just curious how this is perceived.

Polyend mentioned a couple of cool melodic updates will be coming for the play. I like my play but it seems more like a drum machine and lacks the musical versatility. I’m looking forward to the melodic updates l’m hoping they nail it.

Yeah no. These are “aspects” of the Mini.

(Edit: for non-native English speakers, “yeah no” is not the same as “no yeah”, and neither is a total cancellation, and can you think of an example where a double positive means a negative?)

9 Likes

Almost 100% sure it’s all just marketing BS for the same device.

I expect we’ll get several more teaser videos over the coming days, “Find Your X”, where X is: “Sound”, “Form”, “Groove”, “Car Keys”, “Sense of worth in an uncaring universe”

10 Likes

Relevance in 2023

6 Likes

I Always wanted to fall in love with the polyend tracker, but there are two Things that drove me nuts: first, the behavior of the arp command is really strange and not really useable at all in my opinion. And second the .mod import, which is in this way just a “note”-import and doesn’t works well with the simplest .mod files…i.think this needs to bei fixed…

just now up at the local public park, I saw a group of ducks quacking excitedly around something black and shrouded in mystery, and from the midst of them I recovered this…
I wonder what it could be, this fantastic alien technology…

18 Likes

I think the arp on the Tracker is like a classic arp from the 16 bit tracker days, i.e. a copy of what Octatrack/Protracker did. It’s authentic, but very unlike what we’d expect from a normal “modern” arpeggiator

Overall yeah I’m totally in agreement with wanting the love the Tracker, but not being able to. I found it deeply frustrating even as an Amiga and PC tracker user of yore, too many silly limitations, bugs, omissions and it crashed a LOT so I put it away and moved on

2 Likes

Yeah right

31 Likes

Coming from milkytracker, fasttracker 2 and pro/Soundtracker bitd i would say the arp isn’t authentic to Software trackers…but that’s me

1 Like

I bought mine since the most recent firmware update and I’ve never had one crash. Seems quite solid. I have found one bug with the audio input though.

1 Like

Yeah, no.

It’s likely ( we don’t have the definite word yet ) another product in a product line. Like how ASM now has four Hydrasynths. It actually shows that a company is continuing to support a product not the other way around.

The idea for this sort of thing is the products reinforce each other in a product line. The risk can be if you cannibalize sales between them, so you need to have good product differentiation.

7 Likes