Munro Sonic Egg monitors

I’ve had my Munrosonic Egg 100s for 7 years now and they still sound amazing. So much better than other monitors in small spaces etc.

8 Likes

Stoooooop :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes you will pay import duty

1 Like

Just ordered the Egg 150’s!
I can’t wait to test them out. I think, for my fairly small studio, tgese are gonna rock my socks.
Thanks again @hausland

6 Likes

You guys are killing me with all of the talk about the Egg 150s. I was casually considering upgrading from my older Adam A7s and Sub7 to A7Xs or A5Xs, and then this pops up… Hmm.

For those of you who have pulled the trigger, thoughts on the low end response? If I snag a pair, would I miss the low end from the Sub7? Reading the reviews, it doesn’t even seem like it’s a competition between the Eggs and the Adams.

Thanks for your input, and congrats to those who have scored an awesome pair of monitors!

2 Likes

Yo @hausland, quick question.

Can you point your new monitors upwards any amount, or do the stands not allow it?

@Fin25 Their “stands” are thick rubber pads, they are designed to allow you to tilt and rotate the speakers in any which way to set your sweet spot. So tiltable horziontally and vertically as you please :slight_smile:

Here a photo so you know what it looks likes:

(stands and speakers are individual pieces, they don’t “connect” anywhere, the speakers just rest on the rubber pieces. Great side effect, the rubber stands decouple the speakers from the surface they rest on. Clever design ;))

3 Likes

Nice one, cheers for that.

I’m now £750 lighter.

11 Likes

Congrats!! Let us know how you like them! :wink:

1 Like

I’m upgrading from a 12 year old pair of KRK Rockits, I think it’s safe to say I’m going to be pretty happy.

4 Likes

I guess it’s back into the studio with you, your eggs and your mac :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m literally my own worst nightmare

5 Likes

I caved… Egg 150s are on the way. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

where are you located, they hit you with import tax?

I’m in Canada, for the time being. Shipping is exorbitant, but they’ll be on my doorstep by the end of the week. As for taxes, I know I’ll have to pay local sales tax (5%, I believe), a brokerage fee to DHL (around $17.50, if my reading is correct), and I’m mentally preparing for a few unexpected fees. Please take this with a grain of salt, because I very well could be wrong, but it looks like speakers manufactured in the UK coming to Canada have very little or no additional import tax.

I’ll report back when I know what I’m in for.

thanks, I’m in the states but order from Juno in the uk often, they told me that if it’s under $800 that there would be no import fees and so far that’s been the case, but these are $948 so not sure…

Sorry if I’m hijacking the HW thread! Is anyone able to compare the munro sonic egg 150 to the Neumann KH120 or Focal Shape 65? I’m torn between these 3 at the moment and neither speaker is located nearby for an audition.
@hausland I dunno what kind of tunes you make but I do a lot of 4 to the floor - how satisfying are you finding the bass response? Cheers in advance :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m also in the states and I don’t believe shipping counts towards the $800 threshold. I ordered a Syntakt from Thomann last year and shipping put it over $800… no additional fees though

3 Likes

good to know, thank you

Found these on my monitor search - KH120’s for £936 and there’s another fiver off if you sign up to emails. There’s a few Neumann monitors on offer there. Never used CVP but they have decent reviews.

Ended up going for the EGGS - only 3 left now! Thanks @hausland for giving a superbly detailed critique :+1:

https://cvp.com/product/neumann-kh-120-a-g-uk-monitor

3 Likes