Munro Sonic Egg monitors

Yeah, Easter is tomorrow for me. I’ll report.

3 Likes

Well… after a week of back and forth, watching the availability dangerously reaching none and re-re-reading the reviews posted here (thanks everyone!), I eventually caved too!
The money was supposed to go in a new guitar amp but at least, I was considering upgrading my monitors for a while…

Anyway, thanks for posting this!

5 Likes

Fuck me.

That’s a lot of fucking box.

18 Likes

15 Likes

That neglected piano, though

What did it do to hurt you? Play in tune?

10 Likes

Not mine, my wife’s.

I can’t play a fucking piano, can I, have you not heard my music?

13 Likes

I’m glad to see that you’ve found a way to keep the Marketplace alive now that you’ve gone in the box!

8 Likes

@Silverfish @tguyfr @Fin25 congrats on getting the speakers! (@ Fin yeah that box man!) just a quick word, don‘t forget to break in your speakers for a day or two. Highs became smoother for me after two days of playing back material at low-ish volume and the transient reproduction relaxed just that tiny bit. I‘m never big on „breaking stuff in“ but these do benefit from it!

6 Likes

Time for an all night Kyle Minogue marathon!

7 Likes

You know how to live!

2 Likes

“I Just Can’t Get You out of my Head [bc this song has been blasting on repeat for the last 12 hours]”

Congrats on the Eggs!

2 Likes

Fuck me.

They sound really good, massive upgrade on the old KRKs.

But yeah, definitely need breaking in, them transients are aggy.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Holy Grail!

3 Likes

Well folks, the Egg 150’s just arrived today…
holy shit the stereo field is amazing!! I’m listening to Radiohead right now and it’s honestly crazy how clear and wide and tight everything is.
I loved my JBL’s but this is next level.

edit: this is insane! The clarity is so good. Listening to Daft Punk right now.

10 Likes

anyone compared the Munro Sonic EGG 150 to the Adams A7x’s?

Y’all need to start an Egg thread. :rofl:

14 Likes

Eggs are great but the complaint is that recorded music sounds amazing on them, but they are less honest for mixing. The transients are very pronounced, even after break in. Talked to a buddy about them who puts out a lot of pretty huge metal/hardcore records and he loves their sound but doesn’t trust them for his work.

He uses Adams A8H and swears by them. Like with a strong passion.

Just a little anti gas for you all. I am quite sure the eggs are amazing monitors but not worth an impulse buy.

6 Likes

It’s starting to feel like viral marketing at this point

5 Likes

Elektronauts demand more egg-shaped speakers and fewer aluminum desks!

8 Likes