MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

I wonder if there’s any way to transfer song files between the two easily for the fanboyz out there

Oh yes, understood. Never used the arp with anything but the pads myself. JJOS MIDI performance is also a bit laggy and unstable at high BPMs, at least compared to the Akai OS

You can transfer to PC and then back to the other mpc.

Live -> PC -> X

Yeah, that’s what seems most obvious. If they’re going to implement wi-fi connection, I wonder if they’re planning on a more direct file transfer between the two.

Or if that’s even possible

1 Like

I reckon the CV tracks only work on the X, not even in controller mode?

Imagine uploading to a local NAS server via wifi, would be well datardistic :diddly:

Wonder if you can disconnect and remove the battery in the Live?

You better believe it :blush:

So with bluetooth in there, I guess connecting a bluetooth keyboard is next. Damn Dave Smith’s moustache, that’s a complete rig right there and not a cable in sight.

3 Likes

I’m guessing we’ll see plenty more bluetooth midi controllers at Namm also. Not just the new korg ones. A bluetooth midi fighter twister would be dope paired with the Live.

2 Likes

Bluetooth and Wifi make it crazier.
There are already midi wifi guitars…:aw:
Need a Bluetooth brush though.

When I compare this to my beloved OP1, knowing all I do with it… I feel like I could have quite some fun producing tracks on this…

@andreas it feels like you’ve found your workhorse, haven’t you ?

Especially if it doesn’t work anymore.
If you remove and don’t use your battery, it can reduce it’s life too. Not simple. Depending on battery types.

Somebody knows how many time takes the battery to be full recharged?

Probably. That’s the beauty of class compliancy. I’ve had 6 things hooked up to my iPad at once by using a hub. As long as the peripherals are class compliant, there shouldn’t be an issue.
I would imagine USB host functionality demands class compliancy.

1 Like

from the PDF Brochure @ https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtfeka74jxmt9mg/MPC%20Live%20-%20Product%20Overview%20Technical%20Specifications%20%20FAQ.pdf?dl=0

“MPC Live’s internal battery, fully charged, will deliver up-to 5 hours of performance. MPC Live requires a 1-hour charge using the supplied PSU to fully charge the internal battery.”

4 Likes

Not bad!

I agree. Could very well be wishful thinking but Akai seem to stress the “3rd party” element of vst’s. It may not be a part of 2.0 but I reckon there may be a plan to bring some sort of in house/2nd party synth engine to their MPC’s down the line (if not at launch).

I got a bit of a roasting on Gearslutz for asking the question/pointing this out mind you but one fair counter argument was that if a plugin synth was available I’m pretty sure Akai would have been banging on about it big time.

Interesting tidbits:

• Seems like you can pitch shift and timestretch samples inn realtime, works with 16 levels mode as well
  • More audio tracks in standalone mode and overcoming “2gig RAM limit” are in the works. This sounds like HDD sample streaming to me? (guessing here)
  • You can load new stuff into the samplepool as well as load in sequences as you play (ie. no stopping to load more stuff). This is excellent for playing live!
4 Likes

Feels like it, for sure.