MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

I’m sure MPC Live + OT combo will cover every Sample - Sampling aspects.

• crazy sequencing.
2 Likes

Killer combo!

1 Like

Dude. Imagine running a 3/4 track powered by MPC but 64 steps filled with trigless trigs with p-locks. What an excellent variety you’ll have with your sounds!

What do you suppose the battery life of the X is? 2 hours?

MPC-X does not have battery. MPC Live battery holds 4-5 hours.

1 Like

I guess the synthopia page has inaccurate information. Probably a mix up, then.

Indeed, looks like combining the OT MIDI seq with the MPC MIDI seq will take me where I want to go… This was my idea anyways (the messy complex plan), but I either need a MIDI mergebox or the live needs to accept multitimbral MIDI input

I’m seeing two pages that state that the X has a battery(despite the notion of it seeming useless outside of a show-saver if the power adapter gets knocked out)

Use mpc as center of the setup and change patterns on OT/MD with mpc. :sunny:

1 Like

Where are you seeing that? I’d be really surprised by this since there’s two micpres with 48v phantom power onboard…

Under features

hmm, not sure if that’d work… rerouting MIDI through the OT would drop the polyphony to 4. In my mind it has to be OT seq into MPC seq, or a MIDI merge of both into MIDI destinations…

On Mpc 1000, with Jjos2xl, the arp was crap and pad dependant.
I had good sync and play quantized arps on Mc 303 - 505 - 307, with velocity/groove parameters. Realtime quantized.

It is not quantized in Ot or A4, when you play from another midi gear. In Ot you can play quantized with audio tracks, not with midi tracks.
No lfos, plocks, nor midi control on A4’s arp.

It is synced and quantized on my Korg Taktile 49. :thup:
I can sync arp for Ot slices control.
Should work with the DIY Arpie (I did not myself but I should do it one day).

I mostly had deceptions concerning arps since my former Mc 303 - 505. TK49 was a good surprise.

1 Like

Check the official site. There is no info about battery on the MPC-X. Only for MPC Live:

1 Like

I guess we’re all agree it’s great to see AKAI back in the Game of hardware MPC “Modernized”.
I just hope they will be STABLE for few years… this decade for them was humm like searching what to do to… maybe they find it :slight_smile: keeping the OLD VIBES of their reputation and not making too much wind with non-sense products :stuck_out_tongue:

My trust level from them WAS at the lowest point. Except for few things… like keyboards, APC and EWI Series…

2 Likes

Interesting that you felt the arp to be crap. To me it’s been very useful.

However, I suppose I’ll rather take scales and chords, customizable per pad, if having to choose between the two.

1 Like

They deserve a little respect as Mpc stands for Midi Production Center at first…:grin:

You reckon one could use an USB hub with the new standalones? For connecting a keyboard, a midi fighter twister, launchcontrol XL, keystep and a USB foot controller etc. Obviously not planning to do such a thing all the time but would be handy sometimes…

1 Like

Arp jjos2xl useful with pads compared to Akai Os but forget it with a keyboard or external midi gear. No way for me.
Jjos3 have random, which I must have. I didn’t tried it.

Well, that makes more sense. Because that is not portable AT ALL!

1 Like