MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

OK pricing is out in AU, $1499 for the LIVE and $2499 for the X.
Really competitive, $500 odd cheaper than an :elot:

I want the Live so I can untether completely from the Computer. I don’t have enough room on my desk for the X, hahaha.

Actually more I think about it, it is great value. Especially if you consider potential uses with the DAW factor, sequencer, on board effects, sampler, drum machine, synth engine. BAH I want it.

4 Likes

wow, super impressive stuff… might be jumping ship for this

2 Likes

8 CV outs is huge difference also

1 Like

Wait. The X is battery powered too?! That is INSANE! It looks so big and bulky where that doesn’t seem like that much of a plus!

1 Like

and $800 AU cheaper than a Toriaz, LOL at Pioneer.

1 Like

Does anyone know if those machines can actually generate sounds via some VA emulation or at this moment they’re only sample based?

It looks insane… bring on the competition… very very impressive. the editing on the sequencer looks really fluid too…

No synth. Except with VST in Controller Mode with the Computer. Possibilities to bounce VST and go back Standalone… (with the 8 stereo tracks)

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure about this. If you look at the FAQ document linked somewhere on this thread, the wording about the hibrid air 3 suite is ambiguous…

1 Like

Standalone synth for Mpc X apparently.

1 Like

So there’s the difference from SPEC i have… and from Pictures

7-inch VS 10.1” full-color multi-touch display
Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery VS Powered only no Battery
4 banks of 4 Q-Link with no Oled VS 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Link controls with OLED displays
2 pairs of MIDI inputs and outputs VS 2 MIDI inputs, 4 MIDI Outputs
2 Master Outputs + 4 Outs VS 2 Master Outputs + 6 Outs
2 inputs (jack) VS 4 inputs (2 neutrik + 2 jack)

ONLY ON MPC-X

• 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs
  • Direct Access to all Modes
  • Better feedback on Level Inputs and Outputs because of the METER
  • Better Transport and Recordings experience on MPC-X
  • possible to use nearly all functions without the TOUCH Screen.
1 Like

Maybe… But not sure.

Finished skimming through the manual. To tell the truth, I am feeling a lil disappointed by the MIDI sequencer side of things right now. JJOS has much more comprehensive MIDI sequencing. There’s no arps or anything according to the MPC touch manual. And zero mention of MIDI implementation chart. I am beginning to think I might have overestimated the MIDI sequencer side based on my experiences with JJOS… The same happened to me with the 4k. Damn.

Seriously hoping 2.0 software picks up the ball wrt weak MIDI sequencing featureset… Or, the featureset is not weak per se, but JJOS seems to be more powerful for now :zonked: At least give us multitimbral ext midi control for the first 16 tracks like on JJOS!

Also, 2 combo neutrik input jacks on the X with mic pre and phantom power for straight up stereo mic recording. This is combined with the 8 CV outs and the bigger screen is probably why there’s no battery power option for the X

1 Like

You pre-ordered too ? :grin:

1 Like

You haven’t Arpeggiator elsewhere ? OT, A4 ?
MIDI implementation chart will coming in the full manual for now we only have the quick start

1 Like

You can configure outputs as you want. I use Main L/R as master and 1-4 as mono outputs that goes to the mixer for processing with outboard gear and resampling. You use them as 3 stereo outputs(1/2, 3/4 + main L/R) or any combination. You can configure output per sample.

RCA is switchable to Line/Phono.

1 Like

They told that 2.0 is completely new product build from the ground up. Don’t jump to conclusion about midi based on v1.9.

2 Likes

Yeah, I need to see what happens he midi side of things are capable with this thing. Parameter automation? How many channels? Arp a plus as well

Line my elektrons up in a stack with a latch on the function buttons and input some trigless trigs in there.

1 Like

There’s CC automation (six pages of it AFAIK), and you can have up to 64 MIDI sequencer tracks with “unlimited” polyphony (ie. only limited by the MIDI destination), but looks like handling sysex data is nonexistent, no MIDI arps, No phrase sequencing like the JJOS parts and I am not sure how one edits aftertouch data either… Waiting for the 2.0 manual to drop and hoping for the best but…

2 Likes