MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

I’m keeping an eye on this as I have the same Samsung drive and haven’t fitted it into my Live 2 (Retro) yet…

1 Like

I could only fit it without attaching it to the plate…
It doesn’t seem to move around, the mpc live 1 don’t seem to have the plastic sheet causing the problem in the videos I’ve seen…

At least it’s in and I can now fit my entire sample collection

That’s what I had to do. Live 2 here.

1 Like

Thanks that is what I was after cheers!

I really struggled with this process as well. I’m usually bullet-proof at this sort of thing, but the damn thing just didn’t want to fit correctly the first 2 times I tried it. I think what ended up working was removing the drive from the plate, disconnecting the cable and then making sure the cable could recede enough into the bottom of the bay that the drive and door could seat properly. It finally worked on the third try, but it was a tight fit. It didn’t feel like I was going to damage anything though, so it wasn’t a matter of brute force.

1 Like

Yeah was never going to fit when connected to the plate on mine even without it being screwed to the plate it was still pushing on the cables more than I would like and very tight

1 Like

Anyone using a sound card and multi-track recording? I haven’t tried yet but saw a YouTube video saying there is latency… I don’t think there is any kind of latency correction in the mpc ?

Same here… moc live 2 retro and SanDisk ultra ssd 128. I ended up having to take it back off the plate and work the cord back in then reconnect it all. Finally got it all screwed in the plate and a very tight fit but it finally worked… it was good because the last time I checked the manual and found the screws that come with it… I was just gonna use some I had but these are Phillips head so I would rather use these to make it easier in the future to take apart.

any of you mc-101 users tried hooking up the mc-101 to your mpc and seeing if you can sample through the mc-101’s FX?

This video is making me want a Live II. I really like RT’s videos, he explains things nicely, they are full of good tips and you can feel the enthusiasm. I should probably stay away from them though…!
I like the styling more than the black one, and the CV outputs are a big plus over the v1. Just how good is that soundbar though?

1 Like

I thought the speaker was ridiculous… turns out its not, and quite useful

3 Likes

+1 I Use it much more that I thought. The sound is really very good.

3 Likes

+2 for using it more than expected. If placed on a table you even have quite some bass.

4 Likes

I even began to wish that the mpc one had speakers and a battery… oh man that would have been a kicker

3 Likes

… and $1200.

1 Like

Hope it’s ok to post a Promo here for an Expansion. A friend of mine just put together a really great Expansion Pack for the MPC. If you’re looking for something more than traditional Boom Bap and Techno and House, be sure and give this video a watch:

You can find out more details on his site:

2 Likes

I wonder if it would be better to stick this battery on the underside of the mpc one to give it some tilt?

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend putting it where he has it because the MPC One gets quite hot right there on the side. One of my few complaints! YMMV

3 Likes

I think the battery thats used in there doesn’t have the right specs. Mpc one uses 19v 3.42 amps.

I would recommend the xt power one people use.

You can check out the ikea brada stand for a cheap mpc stand.

1 Like

I read about those specs but it seems like this battery is working for a lot of people, however I am generally a spec hound but I definitely need something small like this… the xt is kind of big isn’t it?