MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

I see what you mean. Each track can be a specific number of beats in length, and run independently of the sequence length yeah? (I assume the sequence length must be a multiple of the track length?) As shown here:

1 Like

It can. In the track area thereā€™s a little field with Length Seq [to play the sequence] you can change it to Beats. Pick your number :+1:t6:

4 Likes

If you want a 7 step sequence, you can just make it 14 and duplicate the first 7 steps.

1 Like

I recorded mutes by accident how do I delete that automation?
I canā€™t seem to find it,

If you click erase, I believe you can select to erase automation

1 Like

That doesnā€™t work the mutes are still recorded

I always clear it in the step sequencer by changing velocity to mutes. There was a better, faster way I found but I canā€™t remember what it was. Just got mine too. I freaking overdub the mutes constantly.

1 Like

Go into the grid edit mode, pull up the automation, select the drop down for velocity and then select the track mute option, thereā€™s a bin icon at the bottom left, tap it and your doneā€¦:+1:

4 Likes

Great thanks!

1 Like

Itā€™s frustrating that clearing track mutes from the Sequence pencil menu doesnā€™t always work. I wish they could fix that bug.

Any idea why this doesnā€™t work for you?
This is how Iā€™d have said to clear recorded mutesā€¦

Iā€™m pretty sure this is a bug. Sometimes clearing automations on a track will not clear the mutes anyway. One way of working around it is to go into the raw sequencer list (in the main menu grid), there you can filter by mutes/solos and youā€™ll find list entries for it despite just clearing them in the Erase menu.

2 Likes

For anyone interested in the drum and bass side of things I just paid for the course on tubedigga.com for amen chopping, itā€™s really very good, super detailed and comes with course materials including samples and project filesā€¦ I can highly recommend it if chopping any kind of breaks is your thing, loads of transferable skills :+1:

11 Likes

A question for you MPC headsā€¦

If i were to use a synth as an audio Interface into the MPC can i still use the input Jacks for another synth.

Nope. You can use OR the internal interface or an external one, but not both simultaneously.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if i understand you correctly but you suggest to use an external equipment to introduce an artificial latency when the MPC is slaved?

I found when I slave the A4 or other synths and using the inputs from the MPC , I noticed the latency you described and I donā€™t like it very much ā€¦ a driving baseline will always sounding offsetā€¦ that was never the case when I routed the A4-audio into the OT neither slaved nor as master

In case of the MPC I use (or abuse) the offset-parameters on the sample-layer-page for correcting a dedicated sample, specially in case of beats, to the incoming live-audio. Thatā€™s a workaround in that case and you can expand it beyond +/- 1000ms

wow so an MPC one, Tascam Model 12, and some monitors is a sweet little package on the cheap, especially used

3 Likes

Thank you.

Additional questionā€¦ say I have a tascam model 12. I take my synths and route them through the model 12ā€¦ can I now make a one take multitrack recording on the MPC of me jamming with my synthsā€¦ I know the mpc now has 10 audio tracks. But the demos never show multitrack recording onto themā€¦

So tldr; do I need to record them one by one or can I record everything in one take?

The MPCā€™s have 8 audio tracks in stand-alone mode and sort of unlimited when used in controller mode. And yes, you can record 8 tracks simultaneously when you are in stand-alone mode: However, the max length of each audio track is 5 minutes.

1 Like

You can have up to eight stereo audio tracks on the MPC, so thatā€™s your simultaneous track limit (unless you record the stereo mix). Iā€™ve never tried recording all eight at once, but I think the MPC is generally set up to support this OK, at least with an empty project (which is why thereā€™s a track limit). They all record into RAM, so itā€™s five minutes max for each track, though you can cut, copy and paste each trackā€™s five minutes of audio to go beyond that limit (e.g. in the simplest example, you could record five minutes and then copy and paste it three times for a 20 minute audio track).

1 Like