MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Yes but the difference is on a matte paint you can dust it off. But the rubberized finish is tacky. If you try to wipe it with your hand it gets worse. I tried a duster, WAY worse. You can’t use a rag, a cloth, it just adds fibers.
I use a paint brush, but stuff still sticks. And I use a lint roller, as others have suggested, for the pads. But the pad thing seems to be universal. Debated getting the grey pads for my Live 1 until I watched the “how to replace the pads” video. It’s a bit of a job.

Live 1 is definitely has rubberized coating in a plastic case. Many forums have people making the same complaint.

I cannot speak for any of the others. But I do recall in the One thread someone claiming the case was more plastic than rubber feeling.

2 Likes

I’m not unsure. My MPC Live 2 is rubbery.

2 Likes

This had more to do with how porious or rough the finish is… The Rougher the finish the more it will collect stuff.

I believe you… But people have just said the complete opposite… So it is hard to understand you know? Maybe people have different ideas of what a rubbery finish is… Has your finish degraded at all?

1 Like

I’m like 95% sure that my MPC Live Retro Edition is not rubberized. It’s silky smooth and not sticky at all.

1 Like

Just keep your hands well hydrated and have a lint roller at the ready all times, this is all you need to know from the last posts.

No, but it is relatively new. Collects dust like mad, though.

Makes me ill…

I don’t wanna get any closer. It’s disgusting.
I cleaned it up yesterday :frowning:

2 Likes

It is silky smooth. I like the feel. It’s just a shame how well it holds on to stuff.

I’m pretty sure the retro live 2 and the retro one are the same finish… It would make no financial sense to use a different finish for the same thing…

1 Like

Yeah, I’m in the fortunate position of owning an original Live and a Live II Retro side by side on my table, so I can compare the two.

Live 1 is definitely sticky and rubbery and the finish has started to wear off in the corners due to using a Decksaver. The Live II Retro feels nothing like it. It’s not at all rubbery and not sticky. Only had it for a week now but dust & particles have not stuck to it’s surface this far.

2 Likes

Man how can you stand this.

It’s you in ten years.

1 Like

Ok thanks!! So that settles that… Now we just need to know how they compare to the live 2 regular? Is it the same finish as the live 1?

I think the dusty pads look cool. Like a star constellation… I don’t get why that bothers people so much…

I don’t get it either.

1 Like

no conjecture on my part, I’ve had the live mk1 black, and mpc one black, I currently have the live mpc mk2 retro and mpc one retro…

the retros definitely do not have the rubbery or described as rubbery texture. The mpc one black I had did not have it either.

Live mk1 black definitely does have it.

I never had the live mk2 black…

I can confirm that they are the same.

:face_vomiting:

So ok…does anybody have a mk1 live and a mk2? Both black? And the x doesn’t have it anywhere? Thanks you guys… It is good to know this for sure.

It is looking like they changed there process at some point… I’m wondering if this happened before or after live mk2 came out…

Is there a way to stop being notified of this thread while the rubber pad conversation is on and be notified when it’s over? :sunglasses: :v:

11 Likes