MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

yea that sucks William.
something to be said for how the best shops conduct themselves.

my credit card was maxed out by mistake n thomann emailed me this morning saying it didn’t work for my DT order, but they shipped it to me anyway without payment because I’m a “good loyal customer” :slight_smile:
they said just pay them when I get a chance :rofl:
so nice. that’s customer service.

also gear4music and andertons I’ve had truly excellent customer service with. no quibbles with returns. really helpful all of them, and it stands to those shops, they’ll get our repeat business innit :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yo, word bro… :grin:

2 Likes

Yes but this period is hard for now and i have to buy in 3X/4X (few month) period and thomann don’t do that so… :frowning:

bad luck but you will find an arrangement, they are real passionate
btw: you are the only one who finds how delete the internal hdd :joy:, i keep the sounds cause i like them

1 Like

Looks like mpcstuff has their first custom options for the live:

Might grab a gray pad set for mine (after the warranty ends, that is). OTOH Clear pads would make the led colours come through like on maschine. They say these are 25% thicker than the stock pads… how fat can you go?

2 Likes

I hear ya bro

SMALL tool for the MPC elektronauts fellas don’t know if you know that but i think it’s cool

5 Likes

Yeah i made my drums from scratch in synthesis or layering. i made all my synth too so there’s nothing for me on the stock sounds… i agree acoustic sounds are cool (piano and rhodes are cool too) but i make Detroit techno and Chicago/NewYork House so…

4 Likes

Factory sounds on a sampler can be a trap as well… Everyone will use those sounds, and IMO using your own samples with “sampler music” adds a ton of originality to the whole thing.

OTOH its nice to have that stock stuff when you’re doing a project for a client etc. For example, I bet people who do a lot of tv/film music are very happy to use anything and everything, as they have so much “music time” to fill…

4 Likes

interested in these genres too… if you make any techno tracks on the MPC Live, please share! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, sequencing ipad apps over USB a possibility? Anyone try it? Really big deal for me, if anyone could check it out, I’d be grateful.

Tonight i have a rant, i’m very furious. i decided to make this right … i pack everything and return back to the SHOP 2800,00 € of music gear. (included MPC Live) and ask for a REFUND because i’m in my right.

And i will not ordering anything in this shop anymore because of this poor customer relationship.
i forget something too they sent me an Analog HEAT, it’s never delivered. Delivery tracking was declare but transport service never delivered. The packet is lost in their network. (basically the shop is not responsible) BUT i’m waiting for my refund, since April the 30… and i don’t care if they’re not responsible i don’t understand why i have to wait my money back… they have insurance, shit happen but you don’t Play the watch with the customer.

So i will share at some point but don’t know when :joy:

3 Likes

Not yet, I tried sequencing a Blofeld and a Craftsynt via USB but couldn’t.
I sequenced the Ipad though using usb to midi adapter

1 Like

What a horror story, friend, I really am sad for you :dismayed:
Don’t let them get away with it easy, when you get a minute, leave a review on TrustPilot, I read at least one negative review where Star Music went back to the customer to offer some kind of commercial effort (which means they read those). Not sure that’s something you’d be interested in at this point, but at least it would show them it’s not OK to behave like this and let others know not to trust them, they have a 8/10 score there that is obviously not deserved.

For those of you who still need something tested, my MPC arrived today. I’ll start exploring and report anything fishy, but if someone has a question, don’t hesitate, I’ll do my best to answer :wink:

5 Likes

Don’t forget if you have in mind to :

• Not sure to not keep it
  • Not sure to sell it later

Don’t delete anything because you will take time to empty it and make it really yourself. Click on Start empty project and put a harddrive inside or a usb drive called my-MPC-data (or whatever)
Don’t spend in a SSD it gives nothing because the MPC don’t stream from it, it load sample in the RAM. a 2.5" Mecanical hardrive 7200 t/min with 1 or 2 terabytes is probably the best choice at the end.

Seagate Mobile HDD BarraCuda 2To - 2,5" - ST2000LM015 ST2000LM015
90€

2.5 HGST Travelstar 7K1000 - SATA III 6 Gb/s - 1 To
70€

But put a SSD if you fear the heat… inside … maybe.
Personally i prefer to have at least 1-2to inside than 500go SSD at 170€

2 Likes

I didn’t go for the SSD only because of speed. I chose SSD because it’s silent and it drains less battery.

3 Likes

Not to mention reliability and durability due to the fact it has no moving parts.

2 Likes

The Samsung Pro series is your best bet for durability as it offers 10 years warranty…You get what you pay for…No probs so far with mine

That also ^

1 Like

Does the SSD load large projects significantly faster than an SD card? I’m assuming that would be the main benefit (apart from generic awesomeness)

I would need an SD card to compare load times. Anyone have both an SD card and a SSD installed?