MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

if it drains less battery so … ok 500giga is already a nice amount of space

As I intend to use my MPC mostly as a MIDI sequencer, 500GB will be more than enough for me.

1 Like

No streaming from disk is pretty lame, dont you think ? Will that be enabled in the future?

3 Likes

I’d expect it somewhere down the line to be honest. Not any time soon though.

I hold on till the smoke is cleared, i want streaming , paramter lock, LFO´s for manipulation, midi FX, and stability foremoast in an mpc. I keep the Octatrack :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have an MPC 60 , 3000 , 2x2000XLs and I still keep my Octatrack. It’s a beast within in its own right. The trick is to limit yourself with what you’re going to do with it in order to tame it and slowly deviate from that. I bought mine from someone on this board and it came with the loopmasters dance projects and kits. I have flipped those samples to do anything I want. The MPC is really good for building a groove, but the Octa is good for making unique sounds out of stuff you’ve already heard.

That Maschine stock library has a lot of heat though for a stock library. You can just start building kits from vinyl drums. Sample a 4 sec loop, slice then you’re done.

1 Like

I just copied my 19 expansion maschine library to the live just to make sure i have enough fsounds for a rainy day.

1 Like

got my mpc live in vilnius / soundium shop. huge big ups to them for keeping preorder price for me )
what can i say from three hours of jamming with it? it’s beautiful, really. it’s a tactile pleasure, especially after mpc1000 that i had. it’s 2017 and it’s shows in every way. so thank you akai, now don’t let me down ))
i’ve tried to load my mpc1000 jjos projects - they are working, but pitch on loops is wrong. well, gonna correct them i think.
anyway, i think i love it, for what it’s worth. lots of possibilities, time to discover them )

5 Likes

Was very tempted by the Live, but already awash with so much kit it turned out to be a very early cheap pre-order that I then cancelled last minute before the price hike.

Now currently on a vacation and had a bit of space to pick just a few boxes to bring. Decided on OT + Op-1 + volca sample and volca FM plus iPad.
Plus the rather excellent Korg Sound on Sound recorder.

So far, 2 days in, in the middle of a hot pine forest, the Op-1 has been out on my lap 4 times for 30min skits with the SOS, reworking numerous old guitar bits I had recorded into the SOS.

All 4 times I would not have been in the mood for getting out the big new Akai slab and looping. Instead I have this slight little op-1 that is literally handheld but does everything you could want with samples and synthesis.

Sometimes you realise the gear you already have already does everything you need. Tomorrow OT will consume my Op-1 snippets. But the OT still feels a bit too serious compared to the free pastiche of unquantised human feel groove the Op-1 offers. I love tapping out drums with no idea what beat measure I’m on, and hopefully remembering to use a free track for experiments rather than overwriting something good.

Also hugely recommend the mobilelite pro to dump op-1 albums onto or transfer samples to the Op-1.
I was banned from bringing a laptop with me, but this is a great workaround.

1 Like

After 3 hours of playing the Live all i can say is WoW!!!The workflow is so damn easy compared to Elektron…I think we have a winner here!!!Loaded my latest album’s samples and went crazy with those pads…

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, why do you want stems as backing tracks?

Haha. As a former MPC user, I’m experiencing the opposite at the moment. :wink:

1 Like

I use a iconnectivity mio 4 for that. Octatrack is master, sequence and sample from reason rack. Mpc 1000 also sequences and samples from reason rack or iPad. Analog 4 gets sync and a midi keyboard is in there as well, connected via USB. All flawlessly, highly recommended.

So are all your jjosxl programs working fine?
Or are you just using the sequences with different programs?
I am a 1000/jjosxl user, and am debating doing the switch.

That’s great news! Which JJOS were you loading in?

cleaning up the factory content would take a lot of time…
actually i only use the SSD. simply go to controller mode and copy/paste/backup everythin like you are used to on a computer… the internal drive i will only use for future system updates :slight_smile:
by the way: the internal or external drives and also the usb and SD slots are as fast as the internal drive for loading andsaving… no need for it :slight_smile:

just a question, cause i also start to get hickups and some crashes (trying to figuring out, what it is)…
i played 4 hours yesterday… as long as i stay with midi, programs, clips (inculding efx and q-links) everything is super stable… as soon as i start to use audiotracks (even just using the monitor) everything starts to get woobly (midi timing, screen is sometimes beahving strange), once crashed and as soon as i want to shut down the system gets “internal error” messages… but only if i use audiotracks… did you use audiotracks (or maybe the looper? allthough i had no issues with thee looper), when you had crashes.

i am going to test it on the weekend, trying how stable it is, when NOT using audiotracks… maybe thats the failure demon in this OS…

otherwise i had the greatest performance flow for a long time, using it with my prophet and my AR…

and at least: big thumbs up to electron… after 4 years of octatrack i didnt had a crash… obviously that did a GOOD JOB!!! :slight_smile:

both machines have their super power…

mpc for super fast hands on and playing pads… also clip launch is now much simpler and faster than ableton (to me) :slight_smile:

electrons are the king and queen of sequencing… never experienced to program a “living” beat or 2-4 bar melody that fast… only takes a few minutes to create great performances :-))… the trigs and trig conditions, fills, the controller layout… massive… very nice experience.

tried both in sync yesterday… here is were the magic comes :-))… on top playing the prophet… all parameters can be recorded in the mpc sequencer… wow, i really had fun :-))

1 Like

just placed the order, but now i m worry :confused:

1 Like