MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Thanks mate!
That’s why i’ve bought this baby too…SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB :wink:

3 Likes

MESSAGE from AKAI regarding “Internal memory management”

Thank you for your email.
Please accept our apologies for the delay in correspondence.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing an issue with your new MPC Live.

With regards to your previous message, unfortunately there is not currently a way to manage your internal storage in this manner. If you wish to free up the internal space, you will need to either delete a whole project or you will need to delete entire folders from within your browser window.
If you have completely removed you’re your internal library, the only way you can retrieve this is by moving your expansions onto your hard drive.

Should you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
Krishan Pujara

1 Like

So it’s not really practical … and took long time to clean the thing. There’s no factory RESET so you will have to copy one by one every sample, loop, program, project to RESTORE the damn thing if required at some point.

painful.

Joining the hip hop crowd mate?

Either way mine is faulty unit ! so i have to return it tomorrow, the SHOP have stock but don’t want to block one unit for me for the unit swap… they said it will be not cool for customers if they do that… so i will probably sent them everything i buy this last month and go in another shop because i don’t appreciate this kind of joke. They say on top of that if they haven’t got any stock to replace my faulty unit i will have to wait until next batch will occurs in END JULY… (and i pre-order in January… joke right ?)

:rage: unbelievable and very not commercial

1 Like

Sorry to hear that William.

1 Like

yeah i’m pissed off :wink:

1 Like

I would be too. Im glad I have resisted to buy early.

1 Like
1 Like

Cool beat

I agree, sounds like terrible customer service. I hope you get things sorted ASAP

1 Like

Yer the shop sounds terrible. They should provide a replacement knowing they have them in stock especially if not reserved by someone else.

1 Like

I’m talking about stems in 24bit so they are huge. It’s not really what it’s designed for. You can work with 30MB songs assigned to pads as samples (instead of having them as audio tracks). You can have a shitload of those.

Audio tracks play in the “background” meaning you don’t have a pad that you hit to trigger them. It’s great for us to bring stems to the stage, hit play without the fear of re-triggering the entire song accidentally when playing other samples.

Whats the shop ? I want to avoid this too :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’m from paris, what is this shop? i buy one at star’s music & everything works fine. what is the bugs?

1 Like

Joining the ‘I would like to sequence more than 4 notes polyphony for a change’ crowd. Not sure if it’s going to work out yet mate, but if not I’ll probably grab another OT or DT :wink:

1 Like

Just dont start wearing your jeans around your knees.

Ps I want one

1 Like

Kanye: “I WAS THE FIRST ONE WEARING SKINNY JEANS”

2 Likes

That the SHOP.
My headphone/master pot is hard at middle like i was at maximum level i must to force as a beast to pass this to get things louder. The bay under the MPC Live to put a harddrive have a lot of scratch but the MPC is normally MINT. Also, when i switch on i have no template screen like they was deleted. (if the unit is clean i would have deleted anyway so not this the big deal but more how the salesman reply to me to deal with the return)

1 Like

30mb per pad is good also though. Can possibly break the audio up into sections. i noticed in the demos that the clips can be very long too.