Akai MPC One [ Retired : Search for MPC Thread ]

This is where one would use the Clips function. It’s an Ableton-like clip workflow. It works differently than regular MPC linear sequencing.

These are the little frustrations I have with Akai…this one should be an easy one to implement and people have been asking for this since release, instead they insist on us using Clips for this, which changes the proposition a bit. One workaround is to use a clip program on one track and a pad controller (eg MPD218) to control that track’s clip trigs via midi, while having the MPC focused on the drum program of choice.

That option is per pad, not per sample.
So it’s even better as you could have a pad with 4 layered samples and their effects triggered on play, this pad could be linked to another pad that plays ‘on hold’ and a third one that plays on release.

2 Likes

Will not say that they are more sensitive but their response feels a bit better. I never could do good finger drumming on the MPC: sample triggered too short, sometimes not triggered at all when playing to fast, etc.

With the 2.10 update all is fine now, actually pretty happy with that!

1 Like

if they would have made it so that we could use the cv outs as extra audio outs that would have made the Mpc one just a little bit more awesome

The MPC One and X don’t have the rubber finish (I still have the One and used to own an X). The MPC Live I owned did have some weird rubber finish which could degrade after a while,depending on the climate and/or usage I guess. I don’t know about the Live II but I’m sure someone else here can answer that.

1 Like

Pick a thread. :wink:

Cheers!

1 Like

Threads should be merged. The OS is the same and only differences between the machines are physical.

9 Likes

Agreed. At this point, I think of them all as “the modern MPC” with slight variations.

6 Likes

I agree. I said this from the get-go. Following both threads is a pain. Hell, the original thread was for both the Live and the X. It just makes sense to have them all under one roof.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Merge ’em!

1 Like

I agree with the sentiment to merge threads.

That said, i thought Gabe Miller’s review was worth sharing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUHe5G-Y7RI

1 Like

+1

There should be three threads related to (current MPCs). One thread devoted to using the MPC X/Live/One. One thread devoted to MPC Force (unless they merge the Ones). And one thread devoted specifically to using the MPCs with Elektron gear (a thread I started several days ago).

1 Like

I say merge them all.

They’re all destined to be a part of the same ecosystem anyway, once 3.0 drops, and there’s only so much to say about the differences in hardware. Hell, the last 100 posts in the other thread are about fingerprints, dust, and whether or not the labels are likely to wear off. :laughing:

Sufficed to say, I think we can manage talking about the lot in one thread.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Merge them. Please.

careful what you wish for, no one has ever merged all mpc threads on a forum into one before, this… could… be… catastrophic :exploding_head:

3 Likes

It worked in Ghostbusters.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Thread retired (in lieu of a potentially very messy merge and overlong sole thread), so continue the discussion here …

3 Likes