MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

This should certainly be good news to the maschine community!

Sounds like good times for Maschine users :slight_smile: Maybe weā€™ll see standalone Push and MASCHINE versions at some point too. If NI could build Kontakt etc in to their standalone Iā€™d be pretty temptedā€¦ Being a year or two behind akai on the standalone thing might not be a bad thing for Ableton and NI if they decide to follow, theyā€™ll prob be able to double the cpu etc for same cost for their versionsā€¦

Feel free to handcuff me to a remote farm fence and set my trousers on fire but a question arisesā€¦

Could the OP-1 be recognised as external storage from the MPC?

Now the flames lick higher as my wrists bleed from the struggle but I have zero clue about computers and drivers and operating systems so go easy on me please!
Give me a 72 source 100 destination modulation matrix and Iā€™m your man!

1 Like

Could be possible since it does USB hosting. Look out for anything mentioning you can load samples from a USB stick.

Cheers!
I know I can just record straight into an audio track from the OP-1 but it would be handy to just drag and drop alsoā€¦
Just a thought!

Extinguished!

Ooh never thought of this.

If the MPC Live can accept / send clock via USB host ports, it would be the OP-1ā€™s best friend!

Iā€™m sure itā€™s possible, since the OP-1 just basically looks like a thumb drive when in disk mode. I reckon you can grab your tape tracks and chop them up quite easily.

4 Likes

I canā€™t get Ableton to sync with my gear with real wires how am I supposed to trust ableton ā€œlinkā€!!?

2 Likes

because in link, only timestamped beat info is supplied, unlike jittery clock stream? the amt of data with link is way less than any clock stream fwiw

1 Like

Haha yeah I hear you. Vaguely remember reading Link was solid tho?

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s the first thing that popped into my head, I know the MPC can handle all my sampling and midi requirements but itā€™s the HD recording Iā€™m most interested in.

If it works one way it should work both ways so you can then drop a stereo mix from the MPC back onto the OP-1 tape!

HOLY GUACAMOLE!

2 Likes

Same here. First thoughts were ā€˜portable dreamteamā€™ā€¦
And if I can use the Op1 sequencers to play/sequence sounds in the MPC thatā€™s a super fast workflow for mayhem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It will officially be ā€˜The Endā€™.

3 Likes

Would it be technically possible to use the audio-trough-USB side of OB connection to route the audio signal og both AR and A4 to a 16 tracks mixer ?
Then record it to onboard SSDā€¦
Add groups, insane number of aux sends/returns for Heat and forthcoming/third party stereo FXā€¦

:yum:

1 Like

Donā€™t ask me, my smouldering corpse is on a remote patch of land right nowā€¦

1 Like

And a sweetwater clip:

1 Like

Offtopic!

Electron will show something new on NAMM:

The topic is appropriate and it is in the appropriate sub-forum.

That said, my MPC Live GAS was quickly cured today. Not by the Elektron teaser, but by some quality time with my Analog Rytm. Sweet satisfaction.

6 Likes

Any ideas what they could be showing?

1 Like

Letā€™s keep the Elektron speculation in the appropriate thread:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Something new