More noobing: Track starts sampling without recorder trigs

I’m in a sleep deficit lately so I don’t have the strength to do my usual forum search reference posting, I just feel there’s more strangeness reports than before. I keep reading people power cycle and then things work which wouldn’t have anything to do with settings but possibly part weirdness, if the part wasn’t fully kicked in (having to do with how track settings are still active until a trig on that track is reached) and power cycling loaded it fully. :thinking:

Edit: I would have tried a part reload on the quirk I mentions happened to me today a few posts back, but I had tweaked a part that I liked the saved version and didn’t want to loose the tweaks right then. Actually had the idea to switch to another pattern/part and then back and it worked…

I can’t say everything is fine.
Pre-sliced samples seems to work but some bugs on Rec Setup settings when you change parts for example…

Those have been there… Especially if your switching from a part with a pickup…

1 Like

That is one of the “quirks with parts” :wink: I mentioned.

And with “everything’s fine” I meant that the standard features work as they should. No troubles with rec and play trigs. Also no troubles when switching rec sources and basic stuff like that.

2 Likes

There’s bugs with the conditionals and tempo multiplier which gives me hope for new firmware, the thing they introduced is broken…

I think @clancy might have more bugs for us… :grin:
I design my project and workflow specifically to not encounter them, besides today, trying new stuff…

3 Likes

What about this one?

That means if you control a synth with a midi track and change its lfo settings you can also change audio tracks settings. Unacceptable.

Ok that’s midi loopback, but it prooves OT is not finished. And even without midi loopback, I suppose OT sends the corresponding 28-33 CC messages on the channel corresponding to the corresponding audio channel.
I go back to the PO33! :smile:

1 Like

Traitor! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The flex overlords will not be pleased.
More Octahuasca for you to restore your blind faith!

1 Like

Only for recording OT tracks using the Scr3 setting. For recording inputs you can have the record trig in the exact same spot as the play trig and you hear the recording being made as its happening…

I do keep asking if those with the issue are using Src3?

1 Like

I record the PO33 with OT. :wink:
Can’t bring OT in my pocket…
Just saying some new bugs corrections would be welcomed.

3 Likes

I know… :slight_smile: Let’s get some Octatrack Love please Elektron! :smile:

1 Like

Surely these are all simple fixes.

Some have been there all 4 1/2 years I’ve had my OT and I don’t know how long they were there before that, possibly since birth…

1 Like

Just curious what OS I should be on? My first OTmKII (the bunk one from my other post) had D on it shipped to me. I have C. They don’t have anything other than C on the elektron website so this has me wondering what OS should I be on. Have they really not updated since 2017?

You can’t get D, C is the one for you. Total speculation but D might just be for slight hardware component changes or factory testing routines. I’m almost positive there’s nothing new as far as bug fixes. And yeah, last update Nov 2017, it was major adding trig conditions and no one saw it coming, MK2 runs same OS as MK1, the OS also added support for the new MK2 buttons…

1 Like

You can get 1.30D by directly requesting it via email from Elektron support.

1 Like

I stand corrected, for C users as well or just for units shipped with D? Any declared differences?

I had some time at the weekend. Started a new project and live sampling just works as intended. Now if I go back to that problematic project it also works. I don’t even know how to reproduce that “bug”. I did not do any special or different than last time. WTF?

1 Like

You say you haven’t used parts yet, but possibly did you switch patterns in different banks? A different bank means a different part is used, so possible it had something to do with the recorder setup part switch weirdness that we mentioned sometimes can happen under certain circumstances… If you switched banks that is…

1 Like

If I switched banks or parts then it was an accident as I’m really focusing on one thing at a time to understand the OT.

Good question, but why should the D version only work or be accessible exclusively for units shipped with it? I don’t see any real reason why they should change their practise. And “no”, never seen any release notes.