Moog Sound Studio

Very cool. For once, though, Moog’s demos don’t convince these combos are a great idea.

Thats great.
The neat thing with the OT, though, is the FX. And transition tricks of course.

It’s generally a good idea to use the gear you already have, instead of buying new stuff.

Most of the Elektron-machines have inputs, and could be used for summing a couple of synths, and adding effects.

1 Like

Would’ve been even better if they also took the price down a bit by offering it as DIY kits.

What?! But that undermines the very foundation of modern gear retail? Not to mention disrupting the poor youtube ‘influencers’ and the monetized video industry! Have you no shame?

(Warning, post may contain sarcasm)

3 Likes

Way overpriced, a bundle should lower the price, the price is +€300 for just extra bullshit. The cablestand is smart, but I am not paying €300 for it.

1 Like

I thought all the colourful cardboard nick nacks were for youtubers so they dont have to go hunting for interesting crap to put in the shallow depth of feild.

9 Likes

If it’s that much more (tbh haven’t seen local prices on the package yet) then yeah, better off just picking up the units as needed and a two tier stand if need be. I agree it should be a cheaper deal, maybe it will in time

the mixer/psu does look nice tho and adds some value

1 Like

DFAM is 580 eur in germany, SH is 799, equals 1379. The MSS is 1549 euro.

Narrower price differences being mentioned above in USD, but over €300 more for the bundle at Thomann. Makes for an expensive mixer. Moog stuff has been marked up initially in the past, though… It may well come down before long

My example was based on the Mother 32 + DFAM bundle, that bundle are +€300 at Thomann.

1 Like

Yeah Moogs prices drops after the first year. But I should buy them separate instead of waiting for that.

I was quite enjoying these just now haha

1 Like

They’re not bad :slight_smile: but Moog’s demos are usually so musical, so much going on not just in sound design and the sculpting of those sounds. Now, it’s more like “Look at all the crazy patching we can do”, and I’m like, “But where’s the track?”

I have not, however, listened to the sound cloud demos, only watched the videos. I’m prepared to stand corrected.

1 Like

Oh yeah I was talking about the Soundcloud demos, which are like proper songs.

Anyway just saw a local retailer list the price, it’s actually competitive. Both units float around the $1300 mark brand new, but the MSS is $2349, so seems like a deal!

edit: I just pre-ordered lol! bring on the yays when this setup arrives! (which could be weeks) !

woot! :white_heart:

This is the perfect thing for someone like me who has been circling modular for years but never taken the plunge due to the myriad variables of entry

1 Like

I agree. Struggling to find some real musical demos. Its a shame as i remember the Mother 32 having some incredible ones.

1 Like

Which one, the M32 or SubH version did you order? I have SubH and DFAM myself, love both!

Edit: judging by your earlier post, you’re going for the SubH as well. Enjoy! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very true! A good principle. Sometimes I find, though that it should be balanced with the principle of simplifying for creativity.

I think the inputs of the Elektron boxes are a very valuable feature. Especially when OB-enabled.

1 Like

yeah subh :slight_smile:

may pick up the m32 in time, but these two should keep me occupied a good while. im sorta happy they wont be delivered for a bit too, got some other stuff to sort out in the mean time so should be nice when they finally arrive

1 Like

prices from thoman (for Belgium)

DFAM: 579€
SH: 799
Moog two tier rack: 66€
2 x 5 patch cables from moog(not the same from those in this package I know just for comparison) 36€
personnel summing mixer: ± 65€(this is a calculated gamble :wink: ) 65€
cable organizer : ± 10€
gives a total of ± 1489€

(also two ts jack cables and the artwork and other stuff)

Price for the Moog sound studio 2 package 1549.00€