Moog Grandmother

naw man, thats just facebook knowitalls working their magic

2 Likes

Public sense of humor is rare and limited in the world we live in today. Such a shame. I miss the old days.

Grandmother remembers those days doesnt she?

2 Likes

Im am a Moog fanboy

And i find this off brand

Looks like rouge had sex with a realistic and their hippy love child spawn sprouted cv from genetic throwbacksā€¦

I think i just realized that im a pure bread snobā€¦

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

haha i admit, i know how it feels, i ques that is the falling part of falling in love :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like a couple available for sale: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Moog-Grandmother-Moogfest-2018-Edition/362317762181?hash=item545bd24e85:g:5ScAAOSwWDBa90Bg

Too pricey for me thoughā€¦

1 Like

Na, public sense of humor was always rare and limited. The only difference is that now-a-days pitchforks got replaced with computer keyboards.

3 Likes

I have to admit that you are right about that, it seems like a useful synth and addition to a eurorack setup. But it didnā€™t need to look so atrocious. It seems offbrand with all the colors. Like a cheap knockoff.

1 Like

Wonder how it sounds and what are the patch points exactly .

3 Likes

love the simplicity, love the colors, hope these are not only for the moogfest edition. the normal ones said to go on sale for 999$ so itl be something like 1100 ā‚¬. it fits perfect for the mother 32 and dfam. hope they are available in quantities b4 christmas. If you all dont like it, the better, the sooner I can get mineā€¦

2 Likes

MOOG Varicose-V. Better name but in keeping with the Grandmother theme (although a rather unfortunate side effect of being a grandmother)

1 Like

Donā€™t want the synth. But a Moog denim jacket with a big ass PANTERA backpatch is very appealing to me.

2 Likes

For the price of this you could get Behringer Neutron, Model D and Pro-One. Hard to justify this one even though it does have the Moog logoā€¦

For some people money isnā€™t an issue. They buy Bentley instead of VW.

Just sayinā€™

1 Like

Iā€™d like to know more about the fatar keyboard. I had a fatar controller a while back and it was very high quality, weighted hammer etc. not lightweight.
If it can double as a serious midi keyboard the price is more appealing. I just canā€™t enjoy cheap shitey keyboards.

well, if I buy a Moog that doesnt mean that I wont buy any Behringer sometime. An If I would be just looking for the cheapest way to make some noise, I would stick to apps. Good design doesnt mean that you have the most features, but that you concentrate on the important ones. All of my moogs sound exceptional good, have great haptics and are fun to play with. They cant do anything, but what they do, they do well. But this the beauty of the synths ā€“ there is so much variety that everyone can pick one up that fits to his budget and needs.

Its a bit like drinking red wine: When you start, you think its great to become drunk by a cheap one for 3 bucks a bottle. when you grow older and get more experience, you can appreciate the quality of a good one, even if it costs 20.

1 Like

Does Moog Grandmother look like a Bentley to you?

To me it looks more like the Surf Seeker.

4 Likes

With the exception of the Roland aira green trim controversy. That one will echo through eternity.

2 Likes

I like the colorsā€¦ But Iā€™m wearing a purple hoodie with black and rainbow stripesā€¦ :joy:
@bradleyallen, just FYI little phatty has 37 keys, sub phatty has 25ā€¦

3 Likes

I loved my Grandmother, she lived 94 years, I want this Moog in her honour. Not now, not immediate but when the time is right I get one. Stories, memories, images, ā€¦ inspiration for decades.

// Was eyeing a sub37 anyway but ā€¦ this is the mother of the mother, on Motherā€™s Day!

5 Likes