Moog Grandmother

Fantastic synth. Glad i have no room for it. :smiley:

1 Like

Insane marketing chops, good product too

1 Like

Thanks. If you mean changing notes through the sequencer edit function, yeah, it actually works well and can be quite inspiring. That description could be used for the entire synth - itā€™s just so, so much fun. I really didnā€™t have room for another keyboard in my room (and already have more than my share of analog synths), but this one was worth cluttering the place up a bit.

3 Likes

According to the shop, Moog says mine could be here Monday! If thatā€™s true a few UK stores will have stock soonā€¦

1 Like
4 Likes

anyone has got a view on how the grandmother compares to the subsequent 37? I know the subsequent is more versatile and more feature equipped (and if one shops around only 300-400ā‚¬ more expensive), but it seems to me from the demos Iā€™ve watched on youtube (and the little bit Iā€™ve played around with the subsequent in a shop here), that the grandmother has the more remarkable and interesting soundā€¦anyone else who feels like that? I wonder if the marketing is getting to meā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

New track using only the Grandmother:

15 Likes

I had a sub 37 but ultimately sold it, itā€™s amazing but was a little aggressive for me
The grandmother has a different sound totally and is a lot more fun to use imo
The semi modular nature, heritage components, spring reverb and sequencer sold me
Plus the color motif is great!

1 Like

I like your videos (and the music :wink:

1 Like

Thatā€™s rather splendid!

1 Like

Ridiculously, I actually had a dream about the Grandmother last night - this thing has definitely continued to pique my interest.

Has anyone else had thoughts of comparing this to, say, Arturiaā€™s Minibrute? Both have appeals - the Grandmotherā€™s overall vibe is pretty sweat, the Minibrute plus eurorack something a little more unique. Granted you can add eurorack to Grandmother but Iā€™m thinking about a foundation level comparison between the two.

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™m glad you liked it (and Iā€™m humbled, given that you are one of the masters of the style!)

1 Like

Thanks! Itā€™s a truly inspiring instrument.

The minibrute has certainly more patching options. The 2s has a great sequencer. And judging from the demos it sounds rather great and very different from the old minibrute.
But the grandmother looks and I bet sounds magic

2 Likes

Yeah the GM def has something magical about it. Hard to pin point what exactly - a little bit of the aesthetics, a little bit spring reverb, that mixer, etc, etc.

An afternoon of watching YouTube beckons I think. Some fantastic Minibrute 2 videos out there too.

1 Like

Yes, demos sound really great and it has an amazing feature set for the price

I dream stuff like that quite often myself. :laughing:

I have been thinking about the acquisition of both the MiniBrute 2S and the Grandmother.

Added Fuel

Videos like the one from Scot, certainly adds fuel ā€“ and now i need a Haken Contnuum too!, although perhaps a Expressive E TouchĆ© could do something similar.

Hadnā€™t thought of putting the two in competition. I guess to compare equally, youā€™d have $250 more to spend with the Minibrute. Hmmm? Spring Reverb or what?

No i still want both.

2 Likes

Nice one Scot!

1 Like

Thanks TonyDS!

I think I accidentally ordered a GM during a crazy nightā€¦
I used to love my Slim Phatty sound but having to push a button before turning a knob was killing the joy of it, so it went awayā€¦

But this one knob per parameter, no patch memory, eurorack-open, incredible sounding monsterā€¦ I was even starting to love the (impossible to hide) colors and appellation, thatā€™s how deep I was into it.

And this morning, unsure if I had been dreaming (again), I checked my mail : the order is on its way !

I might even call it Marguerite, in private, after my 90 yo but still kicking ass grandma !

My name is Lying Dalai and Iā€™m an addict.

14 Likes