Moog Grandmother

:heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I better donā€™t watch this

3 Likes

Nope.

1 Like

Ahhh, damn!!! Thereā€™s a bunch of great stuff in that videoā€¦!

My review:

7 Likes

I shouldnā€™t have watched itā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m at minute 26 :wink:

2 Likes

Trouble is, I wonā€™t use it on gigs. And does it offer enough thatā€™s different for it to be worthwhile in addition to my Sub Phatty, Novation Peak, Analog Keys, Yamaha Mox and Digitakt?! I was hankering for a Lyra 8, largely just for fun and recording, weird drones etc. and talked myself out of it, thinking I should utilise some of the depths in the Peak instead. But the drone section in the video above has got me thinkingā€¦

What a demo!!
This synth is pure joy

1 Like

Yea, itā€™s on the A list here. I am ready, cashflow needs to catch up.

Great demo. It looks and sounds very good.
But Iā€™m more interested in the mother/dfam combo. More patching fun

Nice review, Scot, thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah, lots of people are super into the Mother / DFAM. I donā€™t really get them yet though. The sound of them just doesnā€™t excite me!

When this was first anounced I kinda dismised it, but seeing demos and hearing othersā€™ experiences connecting with it, I think Iā€™m 100% going to get one. Might have to get rid of something else first though :frowning:

Same here, dismissed it at first, but itā€™s moving up quickly in my WANTED list :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yeah, seriously. It looked fun, but pricey. That Andertons demo highlighted the sound and fun of that beast. Damn you Moog.

Always good to get the goods from Mr. Batt:

7 Likes

When we move ā€¦ .This beauty needs a place close to my wifeā€™s piano in the living room so I can run some background drones while she is doing Chopin :smile:

** ā€¦ and sample that duet in the OT of course

2 Likes

Thatā€™s one of the most GAS inducing videos Iā€™ve ever watched. Holy shit.

1 Like

A good read. Another dose of GAS to deal with this morning.

You mention no real time recording but did you have a play with changing notes on the fly like how the guys in the Andertons video did it? Quite liked that feature - had no idea it was there.

1 Like