Moog Grandmother

Only reason I haven’t bitten is I’m relocating this year, just not sure where to. I had a little phatty which was great but two things - didn’t like the keyboard or the presets oddly. Fatar keyboard and no Presets may tempt when I’m grounded again. Looks awesome.

1 Like

I would like a Grandmother Rack in the Minibrute 2S Format…

2 Likes

Grandma vs sub37 vs subphatty vs 2x M32 vs AR dvco would be an interesting comparision

@LyingDalai

wow that is a great story :slight_smile:

Congratulations with your new baby and may it bring you joy until well past your 90’s :wink:

‘Note to self’
I don’t want one, I don’t need one. I don’t want one, I don’t need one. I don’t want one, I don’t need one. I don’t want one, I don’t need one. I don’t want one, I don’t need one. I don’t want one, I don’t need one. I don’t want one, I don’t need one. I don’t want one, I don’t need one.I don’t want one, I don’t need one.

:smiley:

3 Likes

Lying Dalaï we are all addicts here

6 Likes

Hideous color scheme, too big and heavy. If I am going to haul a big box around, would be more fun to go Eurorack modular route in spite of the price tag.

Grandmothers have not reached France yet, order cancelled. :sweat:

You know you will get one :wink:

1 Like

I’m anxiously awaiting an email from the store I preordered from. They said that Moog told them Monday for the UK. The more I think about it, the more ways I can see it working really well in my setup with my 0-coast and Analog 4 adding extra modulation/features/sounds/FX…

You know you’ll get one eventually :wink:

Absolutely.
I already see it besides the A4, 0-Coast and my 3U of Mutable Instrument, with the Keystep introducing further control…
Can’t wait !

2 Likes

I’m still trying to convince myself not to buy one! :see_no_evil: Must. Stay. Strong.

Heres a Soundpack for the Analog Four that might help against Moog GAS.

6 Likes

I really like the Grandmother, but I’d never swap my Analog Keys for it.

3 Likes

The Soundpack is for free! The GM is not…save € and get this:

1 Like

I actually think that the Grandmother and the Analog Keys make a perfect combination… I could happily do entire albums with just those two synths. I won’t - but I could. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Swap the 32 for the GM in a heartbeat?

This video does the exact opposite for me.
I love the A4, but it cant even come close to a Moog.

As if we need another video:

Anyway, one of the best, I think. If not the best, concerning the tidiness and concreteness. But this is loopop, so what do you expect?

8 Likes

Of course its not woody Moogy Sounding. But a lot of ppl tend to forget that one could also work out a pretty solid bass with what you have.
I always had trouble to fit my Voyager in the Mix. And after a couple of years of using it, i started to dislike that woody Moog Sound …
Now i am all Roland/Elektron Bass. :wink:
I recently got a very dry and ballsy Bass Out of my Digitone…Just as good as a Moog Bass. Just different flavoured.
Nontheless the GM is a great synth.

For me It’s not about comparing “bass” patches, the Moogs have a texture and power you simply cant coax out of an A4.
I tend to be a sucker for that texture, almost nothing will suffice.
I did find the DVCO to scratch that itch though.

3 Likes