Moog DFAM

:joy:

Thank you !

1 Like

Hi mates.

I managed to sync DFAM from A4 using ADV/CLOCK but now I want to send notes from A4 to DFAM with trigger, pitch and velocity.
How do I have to connect the CV cables of the A4 to the DFAM and what values do I have to choose in the CV?

Thanks.

Awesome video from #TSR19 patching the DFAM with a Mother 32.

Jakob Haq is a funny dude. But Jim DeBardi from Moog really shows off what is possible patching these two, and maybe, just maybe, is able to convince Jakob that that modular thing might almost make some sense.

8 Likes

The patch and performance were awesome. Loving it. Add some reverb and I could listen for hours…

1 Like
7 Likes

I did exactly this with the DFAM. And because I just used that and the Machinedrum the sound is BIG

1 Like

That video made me quite emotional. Wonderful stuff. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Hi.

I have seen at the topics about Analog Four with DFAM and I can not find the answer to what I’m looking for, almost everyone talks about sync but not about sending trigger, velocity and pith.

Greetings.

what do you want to know?

I want to know how to send trigger, pitch and velocity from Analog Four to DFAM.

Thank you.

on the dfam:
choose VCO1 CV or VCO2 CV (or both with another cable) for the pitch signal and TRIGGER for the gate signal

for velocity I can‘t tell cause I don‘t have my A4 here at the moment

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer but this video is with Mother 32, it also does not explain how to send velocity, I need the explanation with the DAFM.

you have to read my comment.
It‘s the same process.
I wrote where you have to put the cables in the DFAM.

4 Likes

Sorry Unifono.

I did not see what you had written below.
If you have the opportunity to be in front of your A4 and then you explain how to send velocity, I thank you.

1 Like

I may be wrong but I don’t think you can send velocity cv from A4 to DFAM…

1 Like

I think you just send a cv voltage from a A4 cv out into the velocity in of the DFAM. So basicly the same as pitch works but instead of changing the pitch of the oscilator, the cv changes the openes (???) of the vca - meaning 0 voltage is closed aka no velocity and +5v is fully open aka full velocity.

So if you sequence the dfam with 2 oscilator pitches, you basicaly need all 4 cv Outs on the A4

For example:

A Gate out
B Osc 1 Pitch
C Osc 2 Pitch (u can use FX track for that)
D Velocity (u can use FX track for that)

remember that each of the 4 cv channels can pick up its value individually from each of the A4 synth tracks, the fx track or the cv track!

3 Likes

Hi insect.

Thanks for your answer.

If I have understood you correctly, I am going to present the outline of how I think it should be done, if not, please correct me.

• cv A as Trigger to DFAM trigger in
  • cv B as Pitch to DFAM vco 1 cv
  • cv C as Pitch to DFAM vco 2 cv
  • cv D as Pitch to DFAM velocity (0v to +5v)?

Sorry, I can not understand how to use an FX track to send velocity.
Which mode should I choose in the A4 cv D to send velocity to the DFAM?

Greetings.

You should send CV D as value, not pitch. I don’t think you can map velocity to the CV outs , but you can p-lock the CV D value per step on the CV track just like you would velocity.

2 Likes

I guess you could also use the A4’s velocity to modulate the CV D value
hmm. all depends on what @IbanDevice wants to achieve in detail

3 Likes