Moog DFAM

Must say, love my DFAM. And I never really considered one when they came out. Now I’ve got it though . . . So inspirational.
I’m looking at what the mother 32 can do now too.

1 Like

Yeah it’s great at all types of baselines. Such a controlled bass, easily to tightly tailor the bass to a kick so it gives a strong groove. Not like any other synth I’ve had.

1 Like

I’m sad they’re not on sale at Sweetwater anymore :cry:

I love analog synths – you can listen to the DFAM, particularly with faster sequence sounds, but with practically everything, and it’s always doing these beautiful variations, minor or even microscopic variations on the sound that shows this thing is alive, it’s little heart is beating.

5 Likes

no CPU to slow things down

2 Likes

Yea, just got carried away a few days whilst clicking on a Make Noise Powered Skiff link :alien: … but came to my senses again and ordered the DFAM. Want to stay married a couple of decennia longer, avoiding eurorack for now will help me doing that :loopy:

The DFAM is sneaky too – it actually is Eurorack, just not IN YOUR FACE EURORACK! But you don’t have to tell anyone.

2 Likes

Yea, I know it is. But a half skiff empty is difficult to live with, hahah not for now. Happy the mother 32 will have a sibling! Some supervision by the Grandmother will be needed by the end of the summer maybe :blush:

2 Likes

Joining the family tomorrow can’t wait to have a play.

1 Like

Hi all. I can’t figure out how to externally trigger my dfam independent of the on-board sequencer. Is that not possible? Using my beatstep or A4, I can trigger into the “trigger” but that just advances the next seq step much like the clock/adv, i.e. i can’t go beyond the 8 seq steps for triggers. I can sequence pitch for longer than 8 steps with A4 but can’t figure out the trigs. I feel like I’m missing something obvious?

1 Like

Try setting DFAM sequence length to 1 step?

1 Like

Using the Gate out of my A4 into the Trigger in does what it should…trigger the envelopes. Is there any additional connection into ADV/Clock input?

Ah, AdamJay…you can`t change the sequence lenght to anything than the 8 steps

Would the RYTM mk2 be able to create sound like those dry hard „woody“ kicks of the first two minutes?
I mean, without the use of samples.

I don’t know. I don’t have a Rytm

This video captures a sense of the excitement in live performance on the DFAM:

2 Likes

Mine arrived! Can’t open the box :package: until tomorrow after work :grimacing::see_no_evil:

Gonna have a blast testing this with the Tanzbär and M32 in the OT mix :tada:

2 Likes

The trigger-in is still tied to the on board seq though. It seems there’s no way to break the trigs from the dfam seq which is a shame i think. Even the mother is able to trigger independently of its sequencer. I’m loving the sounds coming out of my dfam but such strange decisions by moog given the companion mother feature set.

Is this good enough for less steps? Have to try tonight myself… needs some stackable cables… and a tiptop audio happy ending kit … ooohhh nooo it has begun :alien:

Yeah. less steps when, ok with 1 note sequences :slight_smile: the pitch to tempo connection is pretty nice for interesting rhythm structures. But i was responding to the question if the DFAM is capable of classic reset function to have less then 8 steps and the full range of the note values

1 Like

Does somebody know if there is a DFAM knob upgrade for sale somewhere in the EU, preferably GER?

Thx