Monomachine second hand prices gone way up!

Elektron latecomer really wishing I had one! Can’t justify 2k though. One day.

Sad stories when you didn’t buy bitcoin in advance. MonoCoin syndrome

A post was split to a new topic: Attempting to sell Monomachine outside the marketplace section

Well, i sold my MDuw for 2000 euros a month ago and I’m not sure I’d sell my MNM that cheap :slight_smile:

You can find out by putting it up for auction.

2 Likes

there was an SFX60+ mk2 on Reverb the other day for $2k. sold almost instantly. not sure if the seller took a lower offer or not. but bear in mind they had to pay taxes as well.

anyway, short answer right now is: more than they cost new.

2 Likes

I paid €400 for my MnM mk2+ :crazy_face:

7 Likes

What’s the going rate for the sfx6 keyboard these days. (MK1 obviously.)

For a mint keyboard version USD$3000 -$3500

Don’t buy ----I reckon Elektron will see these used prices and reissue a new batch

no.

and no.

if anything, I’d say the sfx-6 is cheaper than the 60. and many of them are in great shape/barely used (though watch for joystick issues; and those are hard to replace). you should be able to get one for under $2k. above that, I’d say pass on it. nobody is getting $3k+ for them. they can ask… but they’re not getting it.

and it’s unlikely Elektron re-releases the MnM (or the MD). they don’t seem interested in looking back; at least not to the extent of actual reissues. and although it’s not the same, I’d say their lineup touches enough on their legacy instruments to make it not really worth exploring. really, it’s more likely you’ll see a MnM machine inside a Model box some day than it is you’d see a straight-up reissue.

5 Likes

Thanks for the input - since I’m (considering) selling not buying I’ll take 3.5k as gospel!

16 years and counting with my sfx6… Undecided whether I can part with it at present, though if 3.5k was accurate it might not be so difficult!

1 Like

It’s definitely not worth $3.5k yet. There was one on Reverb located in France last year. It eventually sold for €1,000 (roughly $1,200). The price is going up (more for MKII with +Drive from 2016 rather than SFX-6) but it’s not quite that insane yet.

1 Like

I think I’m in the minority that doesn’t see the point in the plus drive on the monomachine, but then I also think the keyboard version is by far the best version, regardless of the wave machines.

1 Like

You could be right – the joystick, keys, and additional feedback from the LEDs above the keys seem great, but it’s not exactly the smallest machine or the most ergonomic haha. Last year, I was very tempted by that SFX-6 I mentioned above. But I couldn’t afford it at the time :frowning:

how about a MM and MD plugin?

1 Like

Just saw a .. Monomachine MKI on Reverb going for 2 grand in the UK :sweat_smile:

Moderator Edited : to remove listing link as it inconveniently blurs the lines and leads to the now deleted post below it offering one for sale and decidedly off-topic - no listings (or hints) or links please

2 Likes

”Happy bidding” :rofl:

The DSP chipset is discontinued These aren’t coming back in general even if they wanted to unless they wanted to invest in developing them on a new platform which is just silly since they wouldn’t be the “same” anyway.

2 Likes

Yeah ok
I doubt anyone is gonna get 2k for an sfx60
I am not sure how many were built and sold but they are not rare by any standard
The price reflects the demand
And most that own one know that it will be hard to replace
Hence few appear on the 2nd hand market