Monomachine second hand prices gone way up!

I used to be on the Monomachine waiting list but got tired of waiting so I purchased one second hand on ebay for about 725 US dollars. I used it for a while but never really enjoyed it that much (don’t judge), anyhow I just put it on Ebay at 795 starting bid and 1,033.50 buy it now and someone bought it in 15 minutes after the listing went up! Unbelievable. It seems like they are even selling for 1,200 used.
What is Going on? Are people just sick of waiting now?

2 Likes

They are discontinued, so prices will go up as they are sought after.

1 Like

Hmm, wasn’t expecting for it to go up in price so much so quickly. I am glad I waited to sell it : )

I anticipate a period of balance, but it’s a number of months away.

Lots of MMs impulse purchased due to discontinuation.
Not all of those will be held onto.
It’s a deep machine and not for everyone.
Come NAMM season with new gear announcements, those which have sat under-utilized will be liquidated from home studios and flood the market all around the same time. Those NAMM announcements will also curtail used demand for the MM, and the bear will beat the bull.

Be ready!

6 Likes

Hey Adam, it’s me Ri Caragol you master my tracks : )

And yes I think the dust will settle eventually with the mm fever.

1 Like

I hope they don’t get too high in price. I’m new to Synths and just had my monomachine order canceled. I got interested just as it slipped from my grasp.

Just got one for 700 euros NEW with almost full warenty :smiley:

4 Likes

people are asking like $1450 for non plus drive used MnM’s right now!! crazy. None of them are moving though so I hope the prices start dropping with more used inventory. I think people may be confusing the never ending ebay post of the MnM with keys at $2400 buy it now and thinking thats the going price for all of them. When they hit a normal $900 level, I’ll bite on one.

https://reverb.com/item/3378492-elektron-monomachine-sfx60-mkii 2000$ with 30% discount!

Insane prices! But… I’ve got one (MK2 model) to sell at 700€ (EU shipping included)

1 Like

oh man, if only I had the money… :tired_face:

I have a MNM SFX-6 keyboard with a new all metal hard case and the original Elektron box (with duct tape on edges), TM1 with Electron USB braided cable and studio quality MIDI cables, UK power cord and a printed/spiral bound manual. I bought it a few years ago from Vintage Equipment Sales at the Synthesiser Service Centre in London. http://www.synthservice.com/sales.shtml
They gave it a full service before selling it. It is in excellent working condition with just some evidence of being used…one small patch of ‘rack rash’ on the right hand side where the paint chipped off. I treated it with anti rust primer and then covered it with a genuine Elektron sticker.

I WAS NOT PLANNING ON SELLING BUT I AM OPEN TO OFFERS

My dad has this saying “Things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them”. Good on these people for making so much for them, but they wouldn’t go for that much if people weren’t willing to fork up that cash.

1 Like

Have monomachine gone up in value the last few weeks :grin:

1 Like

Just last week someone was offering one in Neukölln, Berlin for 500€ and it took almost a week till someone snatched it…Ask and Bid, you know… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mad price.yeah sometimes people just prefer bidding on stuff to buying cheaper outright

2 Likes

It’s Vintage :wink:

2 Likes

I think the buyer will opt out, you can get at least 2 of them on ebay kleinanzeigen…

1 Like

Hi, where do you live please. I’m seriously interested.

Hmm, I’m skeptical. Personally, I prefer the value of every single material object AND act of labor to be decided daily by a sitting politburo who are all-compassionate and moral and magically uncorruptable and at the same time experts in the complex costs and processes of producing everything under the sun efficiently and to our liking. Your Dad sounds like a real troublemaker :wink:

4 Likes