Monomachine second hand prices gone way up!

I just ordered a mint SFX60+mkii for 1200€ and don´t feel I was being robbed at all. I think it sounds so unique even compared to other Elektron gear there is no real alternative for it. Also its very rare to see one for sale anywhere in Europe. It should be here tomorrow, I really hope it will. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I sold mine in a rush a couple of years ago for $800. Just saw on Reverb dot com, one for sale for ~$2400! :woozy_face:

1 Like

That’s way too high. If you look at the previous prices the last one sold for like 1800 (which is still pretty high…). I dont think that guy is getting 2400 for his MnM anytime soon.

You’ll find a lot of Economists say that too.

1 Like

Makes me nervous about my MK1. The power supply I got with it vibrates and makes a bunch of noise. I took it apart and put a new piece of rubber in it, to stop it from vibrating, but it still clicks when i plug it in…So, I’ve ordered a new one and I’m afraid to use it with the old one, because if it blew up I could never afford to replace it. I really wanted to upgrade to an MK2 at some point, but that also looks next to impossible. Maybe I will get lucky again and someone will take pity on me and sell me an MK2 at a reasonable price. I check CL everyday. If someone in the Bay Area has one, please contact me PM :no_mouth:

1 Like

Whoops it was $2300. Looks like it’s on hold unless they get a better offer. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

That is pure insanity. Lurking on the modulargrid occasionally I have been wondering if anyone buys gear from them as the prices are always 1/3 too much.
Are there any known issues with the SFX 60+mkii I should be aware of?

It be better to test such old units before buying for such a high price. Factory self test, is the display working, important: are the screws rusty?..
I owned a second hand monomachine, it was a great time, but yeah, its only a synth. It sure is something special, but is it worth this money!

1 Like

I impulse bought the only mkii i could find on reverb and eBay the morning they announced the discontinuation for 680ish? Paid to have Elektron add in a +drive and the newer rubberized knobs for the encoders.

It’s good synth box and rather unique sounding but I think the constant nostalgia posting is inflating the price. Raises hype from and for people who never owned one. I use my digitone 2x as much, that said I’ll prob never get rid of my mono :elmm:

2 Likes

I think the MIDI arp is really a unique tool that wasn’t really replicated in the other Elektron synths, couple that with the multi trigs, and I get a little misty-eyed about getting rid of mine. :loopy:

3 Likes

It’s not worth silly money but i’m not surprised the value is strong - it has historical value and is extremely capable and with individual outs is just about unmatched with any modern equipment

2 Likes

Well, the prices need to go up still before I part ways with it. It’s a true classic.

3 Likes

Damn ! I’ve just looked on reverb the last Monomachines sold. More than 2000$ US !
Anyway im not selling mine ever.

2 Likes

Damn. So glad I got my second one when I did

1 Like

better investment than the sharemarket. Should have bought 10.

1 Like

And yet I suppose the poor sfx-6 is still going for the same low price they usually end up selling for?

1 Like

i nearly bought a spare when they announced discontinuation, but they all went before i committed…you snooze you lose.

now i live in fear of some catastrophic failure

1 Like

One of my gear regrets is selling my monomachine mk1 a couple of years ago for $800!

I was prepping to move, and wanted to lighten the load, and thought people were over the sound so it’d be no problem getting another one once I got two time zones over, and settled.

The sounds are great in their weird way but, as a midi sequencer I can’t really think of anything that made so much sense and joy into my music making world.

Same!

anything built well doubles in value over a quarter century, especially if they stop making it. Anything Mesa Boogie, Elektron, PRS… better to fill storage spaces with stuff you can actually use that also appreciates more than gold

1 Like