Modmix from Finegear

The Finegear Modmix is an extreme CV mixing console with four CV-controlled channels, four sends, stereo returns, and multiple send-to-channel switchable routing options made for no-input mixing and feedback techniques. It also has two MIDI-syncable multi-wave LFOs and envelopes

From this SynthAnatomy article :

Modmix offers four effect-send buses and four stereo inputs. The latter can be used as either the returns for the effects buses or as four extra stereo channels. A combination is also possible. With the flick of a switch, you can route each send to the corresponding channel (send 1 to channel 1…) turning Modmix into a no-input synth or feedback effect.

Further, it has a master section allowing you to set the channel mix level, master level, and the phones/cue level. Two analog vuMeters are also included to help monitor the output signal. Besides the modulation engine (LFOs, envelope follower), there are also high and lowpass filters.

This is ready for pre-order and will be shown at Superbooth 2023.

9 Likes

Mo knobs is mo betterer

3 Likes

This looks so much fun, a bit beyond my price range but, golly.

1 Like

Decent price for an all knob mixer. You’d spend about the same price for one, without even the eq portion, which cost another couple of thousand. Was actually gob smacked when I saw the price.

2 Likes

Is this true? I was similarly impressed with it until I looked it up and saw that the channels were mono, which also explains the disparity in price with similar rotary mixers (which are stereo). It has stereo returns.

From the website:

Each of the channels has a line/microphone input, a preamp, a three band equalizer, an insert point as well as 4 effect send buses, panning controls and a volume knob.

Edit: ah I think that paragraph seems to be talking about the returns - but they don’t have their own strips, so I think technically you could route them to the channels but then you’d have no effect returns.

Still an amazing piece of gear but mono means no no for me.

1 Like

Could they be trs send/returns? He does say 4 stereo returns in the video.

That would be kind of a bummer if the mixer itself wasn’t stereo, which if you have stereo returns, doesn’t make sense.

he said it had channel inserts.

1 Like

The sends/returns are stereo - but the channel inputs are not, so it’s more like a studio mixer. Most rotary mixers are all stereo. So it’s still a decent price, but to compare it to other options you’d technically need to double it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well only one way to be totally sure. Somebody has to buy one and see for themselves. 1…2…3 not it!

2 Likes

I’ma call mrs jdaddy and get the online account password

then you’ll be it by default.

2 Likes

Haha - tbf it’s cracking piece of gear either way. If you have mono instruments and use effects pedals then it would be very tempting. But you couldn’t use it with a TT and most of my gear is stereo (but that’s of course mostly due to effects).

1 Like

Jokes on you, I’ve been making her up this WHOLE time!

2 Likes

yes, 300,00€ is… not a ton for this!

Anyone tried it?

I can never read monetary values in this format. Is this three hundred euros or thirty thousand? o.0

Basically €300.00

Edit: re-checked the page and correlated to mentions elsewhere, it’s actually €1300.00 which makes much more sense for the size and featureset.

Pairing this with a Pulsar-23 seems insane

@Jeanne?

1 Like

The first video on top of this thread is pretty cool, but I have the Landscape Stereo Field (and already sampled a ton of it :wink: ). Also, me has Syntakt :nyan:

1 Like