Modern Machinedrum Artists?

Hey folks , im a long time Elektron user but a brand new MD owner…my funds are low and i have an OT mkii so i got a mki .
My question is anyone know any contemporary musicians or artist that use Machinedrum…specificaly hip hop or experimental but also interested in any artists as im a fan of Autechre aswel…:blush::pray:
Mods sorry if this needs moving please advise thanks

2 Likes

actress, hania rani, phase fatale, kastil come to mind…

4 Likes

Wow i knew about actress but the others are fresh…cheers

Waftlord comma @

11 Likes

If one can call him modern, Thom York has used it in several projects of hims.

2 Likes

There’s one resting on the wall in the background of this Smile recording session.
Not sure if it made it onto the record or not.

1 Like

Is this one artist or 2 seperate ? I couldnt find “waftlord” ?

He meant our own @waftlord :slight_smile:

———

Look for Akeyamasou, he’s an MD Lord, obviously Æ fan.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cbfec_ogeUW/

———
And check this thread:

8 Likes

Thanks man!!! Yeah i found him in my other search for Monomachine artists…i love his music !
I will search for waftlord on here too :blush:
Super stoked to finaly own one of the silver twins…upto now ive just been using my Octa full of mnm and md samples.

1 Like

Skee Mask is a Machinedrum user.

4 Likes

Robin Stewart of Giant Swan is big user of the MachineDrum

This is a solo release of his that make extensive use of the machine.

4 Likes

Thankyou for those links…i didnt know about Giant Swan and Robin Stewart…im now a fan of their music :black_heart:

1 Like

Mathew Jonson uses one live often.

1 Like

machinedrum and monomachine are both present in chemical brother’s live rig as seen on their instagram recently

3 Likes

You. Go use it and make something.

2 Likes

Thats the plan :pray::metal:

Cool. You might enjoy this session that Robin did at Elevator Sound in Bristol where he talks about his live process.

https://m.facebook.com/elevatorsound/videos/dttw-w-robin-stewart-from-giant-swan-december-2019/1023772894635748/?locale=kk_KZ

1 Like

Does anyone know if Machinedrum still uses a Machinedrum?

I don’t think he ever did, did he? He was into trackers a lot and then that software modular from NI… reaktor. When the drum machine came out, if I remember correctly the artist was annoyed at the naming as he “had it first”

I guess I just assumed he named his artist alter ego after the gear he loved. Note to self: don’t assume.

1 Like