Modern Machinedrum Artists?

Yeah Machinedrum (the artist) predated Machinedrum (the instrument). He has never used one and he mostly does stuff entirely ITB. His drum programming skills are top notch, though.

3 Likes

Thats very interesting ive included modular in the past and it actualy got me thinking about the Øcoast as a possible partner for my MD…thanks for the link man !

1 Like

These guys are superb and use both Machinedrum and Monomachine.

SEACLONES

4 Likes

This guy is sick, thanks for the heads-up!
Just found and ordered his Seeds EP from discogs.

Congrats to be owner of this iconic machine :slight_smile:

What do you mean by mentioning “modern”? (THIS machine and the sounds are seriously timeless).

After watching the two examples below I knew: I have to get a Machinedrum!

Büromaschinen (superawesome Artist using MD, MNM and A4):

And @korpinen

8 Likes

Hi yes ive watched those artists and they are superb….i love my Machinedrum but sadly cannot afford the Monomachine…my Octatrack is full of Monomachine samples and single cycle wave files tho :blush::pray::metal:

The examples above are Machine Drum only!
(And it’s crazy what you can do with the machine alone).

Also ensure to check out MCL and the unofficial MD firmware X.10 (as it offers a lot - even without the MCL).

That being said: I find it personally much more difficult doing tonal stuff (having a hard time to keep the GND machines being in tune).

Have fun! :fist_right: :fist_left:

1 Like
4 Likes

The whole album is nuts

4 Likes

I was going to write @korpinen.

3 Likes

I love The above artist its very mellow and all his stuff is excellent !!!
I also love Robin Stewart (Giant Swan) solo stuff with Machinedrum and Seaclones and Machine Listener.
I have a mki MD non UW but thats all i want the synthesis side and im runnining X0.7 so love the NFX machine and extra fx .
Ive had most Elektron boxes but the MD is beautiful and so JAMMABLE!!!

2 Likes

This guy and his Collab “Seaclones” use Machinedrum and monomachine.

1 Like

I had assumed it was the other way around. I haven’t educated myself on his work other than a couple of YouTube vids.

Did Elektron ever give him an MD?

If a manufacturer ever released a drum machine called the Angstwulf, I would expect one. Especially from Elektron.

But it would probably be Behringer. And it wouldn’t be a synth or drum machine. Probably a string winder or an A/B pedal. A noisy one…

1 Like

this guy whos definitely not me has many machinedrum only releases on bandcamp

also check out printiig

1 Like

this past year i recorded and collected several live jam sessions into albums, featuring mainly the machinedrum with a little help with the waldorf blofeld (fed through inp machines and resampled in md). very experimental and raw house/ambient vibes with little to no editing

2 Likes

No, I don’t think he’s really a drum machine guy, based on a few interviews I’ve read with him and this video where he talks about some of his production techniques. Full disclosure, I contribute to FM as well but I think this is good content.

hell yeah. “Action Principle” is right up my alley, sounds great. Reminds me of some early Huerco S stuff. Thanks for sharing.