Model:Samples only music

This is a little jam I just posted on my page, M:S is sequencing Neutron and Volca FM. I am all about that bass :slightly_smiling_face:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8byVSIBeX0/

1 Like

My very first video… I have tried my best to record it & sync audio & video :slight_smile:
This is an extended jam with this one https://m.soundcloud.com/raul-sanchez-42/sira-elektron-modelsamples but adding some patterns. I hope you enjoy it
6 Likes

Nice shot !
How do yourecording it
› ¿? ‹
Thanks

Glad you liked it :wink:
M:S is plugged as input in the computer soundcard, I record it with Audacity (and apply a bit of compression / normalize)
Then video is built with both tracks: mobile video & audacity audio, using Kdenlive (I use Linux)
Best regards

Night time soundscapes

9 Likes

Here’s a medley of 7 different tunes I’m working on with my Model:Samples. Made over the last few weeks in my spare time. An hour here, an hour there.

1 pattern each. Will be used for live performance, some might turn into finished tracks.

9 Likes

So… More LFO testing, trying to use M:S as some kind of synthesizer, just the same day when Elektron guys release Model:Cycles… Damn! That #modelcycles machine looks really nice :smiley:
1 Like

I made this whole ep with the model samples!

I’ve had so much fun using this machine/instrument

11 Likes

so sick man! I’m feeling this!

1 Like

Love this ethos :smiley:

1 Like

Nice. How are you making the main riff sound in the track playing at 2 mins?

This whole thing is very nice. What is your workflow with the MS? Where are you making your samples to feed it ?

Thanks for the feedback :sunglasses:

My answer to the release of the M:C

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Model:Cycles only music

Last night’s session including losing some work, sadly.

Was working fast on a new pattern, had just finished assigning all samples and sequencing them. Pattern had been saved, Project had not been saved.
Started copying/pasting multiple trigs at a time including p-locks and conditionals, went too fast, locked it up. Waited 10 minutes to see if it would unfreeze, nope.
Had to unplug it and lose my whole pattern.

Lesson learned, save Project once samples are assigned and before you start going heavy on the multi-trig copy/paste operations.

Good news is 15 minutes later, I had most of this fleshed out, and I actually like it more. So, all part of the creative process, I suppose.

Some light OT work with the MS here, compression, looping fills.

6 Likes

Nice grooves.

Here’s a little house track i made on my lovely Model:Samples. The Platform adds a tiny bit of drive and some compression.

5 Likes

Here’s my first pattn

MX MS001.syx (18.3 KB)

If the pattn succesfully locates the samples (used only factory samples so it should?), you should be hearing a sort of “Silent Hill daytime scene” influenced soundscape. I hope it works!

Interestingly, the size of an m:s pattn syx file is somewhat smaller than the m:c’s corresponding one. Guess this means m:c uses more sequencer data than the m:s? m:c has a few parameters the m:s hasnt so maybe that explains it

Second pattn, in the same vein as the first one

MX MS002.syx (18.3 KB)

I am a bit at loss how the loop point manipulations are working IRL with the m:s but I’ll just keep working with it, maybe I’ll eventually “get it”

I wish there were more textural loop samples on the factory sample banks. I think I have pretty much used them all already, and I’m only 2 pattns in! Elektron, wasn’t this supposed to be a proper “elektron drum machine”? Whatever happened to using the drum machine as the synth? :tongue: