Model:Samples Feature Requests Thread

Totally agree. It’s very hit and miss if you record retrigs live. I hope they’ll fix it.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s definitely pretty weird.

I will say I do like the pads. They are small and kind of squishy in a nice way.

2 Likes

It’s only a minor thing but it annoys me that when i clear a track sound or the whole pattern data it always loads the same 6 stock sounds into the track slots. I’ll get over it but a total empty pattern would be nice.

5 Likes

you could always save a blank pattern and load that to start fresh…but I hear what yer saying.

3 Likes

That’s right. Good idea!

2 Likes

Maybe i’m too stupid to find it but i’m missing the option to pan only a certain step. When i press and hold a trig the trig menu opens and i can’t change the panning anymore. I can only change the panning for the whole track or use pan as a lfo destination.

1 Like

need to be in GRID RECORD mode

1 Like

No, unfortunately that doesn’t work.

I’d love sample locking like everyone else, but otherwise no complaints so far. I was up and running in minutes.

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yeah, like I said, there was virtually no reason to look at the manual (so far, at least). It’s really quite easy to get something going in a hurry. There’s something inspiring and playful about this machine… Mind you, I won’t be giving up my Digitakt or Octatrack, but I am quite happy to use this alongside either. There are a lot of friends to whom I could (and will) recommend this one. It’s the very definition of “cheap* and cheerful”.

(*cheap as in price, not cheap as in cheaply built - it actually seems quite solid).

5 Likes

Since upgrading to the new firmware the trig menu opens when you hold a trig button and the value knob won’t affect pan in this menu.
I can’t remember if it was possible before to set pan for each step.

Arp on chromatic retrig

12 Likes

Im holding off on buying it until it has an attack envelope, odd design decision on what seems like an otherwise super well designed unit.

4 Likes

Elektron fanny pack

5 Likes

Instant Pattern-Jump Option

8 Likes

Not quite a nice M:S 80s styled fanny pack but there will be this (ECC-5). Something like a sleeve/carry bag. Can only find this image. Price unknown.

6 Likes

Just Music is offering this for 39€.
No date yet.

3 Likes

Just got my unit delivered yesterday. Spent last night loading it up and playing around with it a bit. First impressions are good, but I did notice a few things I’d like to see implemented. Some have already been mentioned, so I’ll add my support…

1. Fine tune pitch (Fn + Pitch), not just as LFO dest
  2. Fine tune sample start/end (Fn + Sample Start/End)
  3. Attack (Fn + Decay)
  4. Smaller font or scrolling names in sample browser (so I can read more of my folder names)
  5. Parameter lockable panning
  6. Live record of retrig actually records independent trigs with velocity
  7. Instant pattern change option
  8. Show remaining +Drive space
  9. Sample locks :laughing:

EDIT: Found that you can set the pattern change value in the pattern/scale menu, so you can accomplish end of bar or end of pattern changes. Lowest value doesn’t allow for instant changes, though, so that is still missing.

15 Likes

$39 in the states, and Sweetwater currently has them in stock.