Model:Samples Feature Requests Thread

I would like to be able to preview samples with no time limit (currently 10 sec)

1 Like

They really have to add scrolling for sample titles - renaming all samples is a huge pain if they come with long names from a sample pack.

9 Likes

Arpégiator

2 Likes

I haven’t read through all of these yet, so maybe it’s already been suggested, so +1 me if it has.

On the LFO setup page there’s space for one more variable… I’d love to be able to select a track here, allowing me to use the LFO on another track if I don’t need it for the current track

4 Likes

+1!

1 Like

HANDY POW’
please

I would really like to be able to apply different keyboard scales/modes like the octatrack has. Put it in the scale menu. It would be cool if it could be applied to a whole project or an individual track.

2 Likes

not a request but mine freezes sometime, nothing responds, i got to plug the adaptator & restart the box

This! So much! I think about this with almost every track I make. Really this is the only bummer I’ve come across. I wish you had the option (say, in the track menu) to include or not tracks in the CNTRL-ALL function.

It should be fairly easy to implement?

2 Likes

I think about this with almost every track I make. Really this is the only bummer I’ve come across. I wish you had the option (say, in the track menu) to include or not tracks in the CNTRL-ALL function.

Also I would really appreciate the additions of both FUNC-DECAY as Attack control, and record multitrack over USB. But these are more peripheral to me. “Selective control all” is something I find I really miss and would be head over heals about if it was implemented. Please! It seems like this would be the easiest piece of code to write in, although I admit I don’t know the first thing about writing code for these kinds of devices.

2 Likes

Oh, also, maybe I’ve just missed this, but how do you rename a Project? I get how to rename a pattern, but I’ve saved projects with the incorrect names and would like to fix them.

Just load the project and save it in the same slot again

I was just going to ask if the box has this… Is there an official requests list from Elektron, do you know?

No, and I don’t expect to see one. The information we have is when people send an official feature request and post the response here.

I don’t know where the official request line is, this might be it but I hope they do put resampling into the model samples… Roland has put it into the mc-101, hopefully Elektron is listening as well

First post !

2 Likes

That’ll be great but when you take a machine don’t dream too much, the sample lock is a good addition for example

1 Like

yes it’s a wonderful feature, however I do wish you could scroll through the samples and record them in realtime into the sequencer like you can on the digitakt.

I would like to Request a Consolidate Feature that would gather and consolidate all of the midi and audio from the tracks that the user selects into one track… the result would be similar to using sample locks on one track, but this would be a very different way of getting there and would produce different and creative results imo and most importantly allow people to combine multiple tracks after the fact meaning they could decide they wanted to consolidate later in the process. You could add a page where you check boxes on a menu similar to the retrig menu but this would be for setting the priority for the tracks that get merged.

Example: you have a snare track and a hi-hat track, you check the snare box as priority so that when the merge takes place it’s the hats that are muted in the places that the snare comes in.

this feature could be abused to great effect in many ways, another example would be to use several tracks for a bassline, set priorities and consolidate, creating unique riffs that you hadn’t initially envisioned, again this feature would Merge/consolidate, the audio, midi, and trig parameters of 2 or more tracks (user selected) into one track. :boom:

Please support this feature if you’d find it useful, and please support this feature if you find that others would find it useful.

12 Likes

That’s an awesome idea! I’d love to see something like that on the Digitone as well.