Model:Samples Feature Requests Thread

Mine eventually became unusable but I can’t bring myself to throw it out. Too many happy memories.

2 Likes

Retrig on nudge “menu”
pl

Since it seems to be missing, something to tell you how much space of the 1GB you have left.

3 Likes

Track out to main or headphone would be cool for sure and being able to lock Ctrl all on.

Most important would be a different filter design incorporating high/low pass. It’s impossible to isolate sounds with the current multi filter. Once you start pitching stuff up/down the harmonics just pile up without a way to control excess frequencies. It forces you to think about pre equalizing some of your samples in advance. A flexible allpass design with adjustable low/high (bandpass) is what this very capable unit really needs. Everything else (a lot) comes secondary.

5 Likes

As USB can transmit audio:
I suggest that the MS USB turns into an IN input to receive a /// signal like a TRIGGER OUT ///

This would allow sequencing an external signal.
This application would only highlight the sequencer of the MS nothing more than the normal purpose

Yeah i really need that too, its really problematic on my setup.

I’ve been able to record into my iphone using a camera kit, and the AUM app. Works great!

1. Change/Save pad defaults for new patterns - which samples the pads load with, whether midi is on or off, and what the base note is for each pad.

2. SHIFT + DECAY for Attack

3. Randomize sample per pad or for all pads

4. Filter type options per pad

5. NEIGHBOR LFO as an LFO Destination

6. Transfer for mobile ios/android

1 Like

Quantised retriggering when playing with the pads, the way Maschine/MPC does it. Tight now live retriggering is a risky proposition as you cant “pre-press” to the desired start velocity…

Update the display screen to the current digi/mk2-color scheme. (black & yellowish)

(I know it’s not likely but just throwing it out there)

Not sure if that’s even possible actually with an update or if it’s locked to hardware components but would be cool.

Think it would be more functional/easily viewable rather than just a luxury.

The M:S screen is a monochrome backlit LCD; the digi/mk2 devices use OLED screens (also monochrome). Different tech, m8!

3 Likes

…For the end of the year
:slight_smile: the expected battery and a cool update
:wink:

3 Likes

We got the coolest update with sample locks. :cool:

1 Like

Would love to

• Start a new pattern with same samples as the previous one ( like AR, A4 but unfortunately unlike DT/ DN) I improvise a lot and starting back every new pattern with same samples drive me nuts ( same comment for DT and DN)

• power from USB cable ! I use a usb powered hub as my main power for Model samples but need to use a specific cable ( plugged into left power plug , that’s so annoying and unlogic

• easier to use Delay and reverb, DT, A4 and DN are way better, you only need 1 knob most of the time ( maybe it could be just a change in default parameters)

• only distortion ( or add a 2nd fct like bitcrush) for the “vol + dist control” as we already have a track volume control
    -pan control with parameter lock and direct record

• easier sample lock
    -sample visual preview ( not sure screen is good enough)
    -possibility to disable some knobs or tracks from ctrl all ( ON DT we can disable some parameters, not tracks, which is way better than nothing)

• preview samples option in the headphones ( valid for every Elektron machine) or on a different audio channel when used with a computer ( which I don’t)

• quantized playback option when retrig is on ( like maschine repeat button)
    -ATTACK !!!

out of the thread, there are some very neat features that machine brings, like sample management is way better than DT, Lfo assignment is so good, direct retrig too, I love the 1 knob / fct, etc.
Big Up tpo the elektron team !!
Hope the guys at Elektron will use some of these neat features for future high end machines,

3 Likes

Sample visual May be dope cause I’m often lost on the sample but you are right dope machine already

Set a default kit

5 Likes
  1. Waveform display. I don’t care if it’s low resolution, I don’t need to see the play head moving as the sample plays. I’d just like some indication of volume of the sample, start time, and end time.

2. Internal resampling. I don’t need extra LFOs if I can use an LFO to get the sound I want, print to a new sample, edit again, and repeat.

3. Bit-reduction = Function + volume. This would go a long way to adding character, especially if combined with resampling.

Just picked up the M:S last weekend and loving it already. These three additions would make it perfect IMHO. Elektron has been awesome about adding game changing updates to it’s boxes, so I’m glad to be on the train to enjoy the ride.

8 Likes

You are right

+1 for Waveform display

4 Likes