Model:Samples Feature Requests Thread

Cross posting from another thread, a few things that might be nice to have. Most of these are duplicates of previous requests:

–Scrolling text (for file and folder names)
–Scales/Keyboard Fold
–Maybe a 2nd LFO if there’s enough power

4 Likes

m:c Punch mode

1 Like

Since we’re in the mode of reinforcing minor requests made previously:

As song mode appeared for the DT DK ST would a SCALE mode be a major update now for M:S and M:C?

1. Random Kits

Kind of TR-6 picking up samples from a specific flder? that would be interesting

Track locking, a substitute for kits on boxes that don’t support them. I’ve provided a detailed description of my implementation in this thread, which is quickly gaining support: We're unlikely to get kits on the Dark Trio, but I had an idea

Bring your thoughts and/or upvotes and let’s see if Elektron notices. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

For a “toy” sampler I come back to the M:S a lot, even with bigger & better gear around.

But my god what on earth were they thinking with the font/text size in the menus when browsing samples!? It doesn’t even scroll, they could have picked a much smaller font or given a large or small choice in the options.

It’s so noticeable when so much care and attention to detail has been put into the rest of the UX, except this huge glaring mistake

7 Likes

Hello Elektron,

Can you please make a Global BMP setting? If I want to play my machine in a different BMP I need to change all the patterns manually before hands and is crazy. In all the other machines you can just set global BMP for every pattern.

Can you please put it in model samples as well?

1 Like

New to m:s

Enjoying it so far.

Looks like the digitakt has a song mode. Do you think M:S will get such a thing in the future?

doubtful. it may never get any more updates, but song mode-wise the UI (single encoder & tiny screen) don’t seem suited to a song mode.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Might have to save up for the digitakt then. Cost some £££s that doesn’t it.

As a work round I could link it up to my keystep pro but it kind of defeats the point

I do not own a m:s but I do have a m:c and I believe Elektron could make the pattern chains save within a project easily along with a toggle to allow mute/unmute with only one press of a pad instead of a combo.

Sure it is not as deep as a real song mode, but that would be much better than having to do this weird combo things of chaining patterns (it hurts my fingers) everytime you want to play one of your project.

As for the prospect of a future update, I asked Elektron support for a velocity pads issue and they implied they wanted to fix it in a future update by letting users have a personal pad sensitivity profile.

3 Likes

aye I’d love some model updates, don’t get me wrong.

for the MS I’d love internal resampling. werp. slicing. scales. & attack parameter.

wishful thinking but.

1 Like

I honestly have no idea about what this all means but I find it very funny Elektron pinpoints how many patterns can be saved on the models but ends up by saying you cannot save your chains of patterns.

Seems like counterproductive.

I noticed the lack of attack control but I have been using the LFO for that, I guess having a 2nd LFO would be rad!

2 Likes

So could we have a “Clean unused samples” option please ?

3 Likes

Feature request: more visual feedback. There’s a screen, but it feels underutilized. There are various places where some more visual indicators of what you’re doing would be appreciated/useful.

2 Likes

I think many of you are asking,

but one common feature that I think everyone would love to have is the ability to send midi "cc"s to sequencer steps for example to control a synth filter.

a 2nd thing that would be interesting would be the possibility of exporting using usb in multitrack

I think these 2 update options shouldn’t be too difficult to code in a firmware,

if anyone agrees give a +1 :slight_smile:

Hey !
I sold my M:S when I get the Digitakt, but I still think it’s a great drum machine!

I was thinking i will buy it again if they implement loopcloud integration like the DT! It’s very fast to load loops and samples with it.

Unfortunately I’m afraid they won’t implement nothing at all to the M:S or the M:C, they will just let them slowly die without any upgrade or modification. It’s very sad for such nice instruments that deserve much more. They have against them the fact of being cheap so of course…

1 Like

Yes i guess they put the work on updates on the bigger devices, which is understandable.
The models are great for what they are, and don’t need to be upgraded, they do their job as intended. I just grabbed a m:c, knowing his limitations, I highly appreciate it.
Of course we can always imagine features that will fit better with our workflow, it’s good to dream a little.
But it not mean that these machines are dead :wink: that only depend of what we do with it.

1 Like